Vitos / Susan Darnell professional shaving cream, 500ml tube

N_Architect

Travel, See, Feel, Explore
This is available in two variants, Eucalyptus and Tobacco.
For years this had lanolin in its ingredients. Terrific performer overall.

Got one today here in Greece, Tobacco scent.
I notice that it's a veggie cream now.
Have not tested the performance yet, but it's good to make people aware even though this does not look to be a highly popular shaving cream.

Connaught @Paul have been stocking it for years and at the moment it appears their stock is w/ tallow and lanolin.

P1070011.JPG

RandySp

Legendary Member
Konstantine, this cream is excellent. I have the green one.

It is important to mention that the Classica cream with eucalyptus is the only one with hydrogenated tallow in its composition and has stellar performance.

I don't want to say that the tobacco one is bad, but it is not as good as the Green one, which takes a LOT of water and gives strong, velvet lather with great slickness.

In Greece Dafnis stocks it in good price and Michailidis in Omonoia too, in higher price.

Edit: didn't see Paul's post before! He has already mentioned the tallow one!
The tobacco one was always vegetale if I'm not wrong.

Edit again: I find an old photo of Tobacco that has tallow & lanolin. It is not clear but definitely they changed the formula on this one. The lotto number is different.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Forum GOD!
In general, my experience with Vitos soaps (and their aftershave splashes) has been excellent. I am surprised to learn that the cream has gone veggie ... I wonder what that will mean for the future of the soaps?

donnie_arko

Veteran
How are they reformulated?
Ah sorry, my mistake.

Looking at the pictures, it seems the Green one still has the same ingredient list, but in the brochure above the Tobacco one now has tallow/lanolin listed as an ingredient - but they might still be using the old picture?

The picture I posted above is taken from their 2019 brochure.

Vitos have definitely reformulated their croaps though, switch to a vegan base this year.
https://www.susandarnell.it/Content/resources/pdf/cataloghi/VITOS-2019.pdf

donnie_arko

Veteran
I just wish they sold soap and cream in smaller sizes not just brick and bladder Barbershop style
Connaughts sell their creams in smaller sections and Gemstone sells their soaps by the chunk; I bought half a brick of Red from them not too long.

I kind of agree with you but I think they should raise the stakes and make their packages of croap/cream EVEN LARGER. Why have 1kg of croap when you can have 10kg? Ok, that's a bit excessive, maybe 5kg of croap would be more realistic? Maybe not... :)

RandySp

Legendary Member
I have the old green tube 500gr and it performs fantastic.

Wants a lot of water but the result is a very dense creamy lather with very good slickness.