Vitos / Susan Darnell professional shaving cream, 500ml tube

Discussion in 'Shaving Creams' started by N_Architect, Sep 6, 2018.

1. N_Architect

N_Architect Forum GOD!

This is available in two variants, Eucalyptus and Tobacco.
    For years this had lanolin in its ingredients. Terrific performer overall.

Got one today here in Greece, Tobacco scent.
    I notice that it's a veggie cream now.
    Have not tested the performance yet, but it's good to make people aware even though this does not look to be a highly popular shaving cream.

Connaught @Paul have been stocking it for years and at the moment it appears their stock is w/ tallow and lanolin.

P1070011.JPG

Yehuda D, RandySp and Shaverrific666 like this.
  2. Paul

Paul Connaught Shaving Vendor

My Tobacco stock is now vegetale: Stearic acid, Glycerin, Coconut & Sunflowers oils . Eucalyptus is still tallow & lanolin.

Yehuda D, RandySp and N_Architect like this.
  3. RandySp

RandySp ATG Official Member

Konstantine, this cream is excellent. I have the green one.

It is important to mention that the Classica cream with eucalyptus is the only one with hydrogenated tallow in its composition and has stellar performance.

I don't want to say that the tobacco one is bad, but it is not as good as the Green one, which takes a LOT of water and gives strong, velvet lather with great slickness.

In Greece Dafnis stocks it in good price and Michailidis in Omonoia too, in higher price.

Edit: didn't see Paul's post before! He has already mentioned the tallow one!
    The tobacco one was always vegetale if I'm not wrong.

[​IMG]

Edit again: I find an old photo of Tobacco that has tallow & lanolin. It is not clear but definitely they changed the formula on this one. The lotto number is different.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    Yehuda D likes this.
  4. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Guru

A gigantic tube!

RandySp likes this.
  5. Eeyore

Eeyore Forum GOD!

In general, my experience with Vitos soaps (and their aftershave splashes) has been excellent. I am surprised to learn that the cream has gone veggie ... I wonder what that will mean for the future of the soaps?

6. AkisT

AkisT Senior Member

Vitos is a good affordable Italian cream . Some say it's better than Proraso's single blade formula.
    Too bad they dropped the lanolin thought .

Yehuda D, Eeyore and RandySp like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice