Vicco shave cream... help please

Lord Fatboy

Forgo Mud !
Anyone got a source for Vicco? (please read rest of post)
Vicco is my favourite shaving creme, but I'm finding it hard to get the original Turmeric kind, the kind without the overwhelming sandalwood.

I used to buy it from India, via ebay, and it was fine, but my last three orders the sandalwood kind has arrived, inspite of copious reassurances to the contrary.

I'm thinking of selling the sandalwood ones and cutting my losses, but I'm down to my last 3-5 slim shaves with the turmeric kind. Really, Vicco is the only creme I'm comfortable using. It just works for me
Any help?

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I can't help with an online store, however, my Grandma buys Vicco toothpaste from V.B &Sons (Kingsbury branch) and they give her a free sample (small tube) of Vicco shave cream. I'm sure you can be this shave cream alone from the same store, which incidentally has several branches.

Apart from that I have a small stash that I can send you if you like.

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Anyone got a source for Vicco? (please read rest of post)
Vicco is my favourite shaving creme, but I'm finding it hard to get the original Turmeric kind, the kind without the overwhelming sandalwood.

I used to buy it from India, via ebay, and it was fine, but my last three orders the sandalwood kind has arrived, inspite of copious reassurances to the contrary.

I'm thinking of selling the sandalwood ones and cutting my losses, but I'm down to my last 3-5 slim shaves with the turmeric kind. Really, Vicco is the only creme I'm comfortable using. It just works for me
Any help?
Wow wish i'd known you had the sandalwood one before I past 2 tubes of the normal ones onto my friends. I had the opposite problem that every time I purchased a tube that was supposed to be sandalwood I got the ones without. Let me know when you're selling your sandalwood ones, ready to grab at least one tube.

Lord Fatboy

Forgo Mud !
Wow wish i'd known you had the sandalwood one before I past 2 tubes of the normal ones onto my friends. I had the opposite problem that every time I purchased a tube that was supposed to be sandalwood I got the ones without. Let me know when you're selling your sandalwood ones, ready to grab at least one tube.
I remember that, you msgd me about it. I gave you a link to the people I bought from - now out of business - but you were set on trying to get the sandalwood kind.
Honestly, if you had some difficulty with the comparatively mild sporty spice smell of Vicco turmuric, the sandalwood is a very very powerful smell...
I like the smell of sandalwood, and I find it too much. It smells like the Garbhagriha of a large temple, generations on generations of sandalwood paste.

I'm not really "selling" it to prospective customers here, but If you wanna try it, I'll let you know when I'm selling it.

Lord Fatboy

Forgo Mud !
I can't help with an online store, however, my Grandma buys Vicco toothpaste from V.B &Sons (Kingsbury branch) and they give her a free sample (small tube) of Vicco shave cream. I'm sure you can be this shave cream alone from the same store, which incidentally has several branches.

Apart from that I have a small stash that I can send you if you like.
I really don't wanna take away anyone's stash*, though that is very kind.
There are enough South Asian stores in Edinburgh (tho' not as many as there used to be) that I can find / order it somewhere. It'll give me something to do.

*If I get desperate then I may change my mind on that.

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
I remember that, you msgd me about it. I gave you a link to the people I bought from - now out of business - but you were set on trying to get the sandalwood kind.
Honestly, if you had some difficulty with the comparatively mild sporty spice smell of Vicco turmuric, the sandalwood is a very very powerful smell...
I like the smell of sandalwood, and I find it too much. It smells like the Garbhagriha of a large temple, generations on generations of sandalwood paste.

I'm not really "selling" it to prospective customers here, but If you wanna try it, I'll let you know when I'm selling it.
Lol I do like the normal Vicco but i'm a big sandalwood frag head. So its just the strength I love. I have an old 70g thats now less than half and I grabbed a new 30g which is in my travel kit. So when ever you're ready.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I really don't wanna take away anyone's stash*, though that is very kind.
There are enough South Asian stores in Edinburgh (tho' not as many as there used to be) that I can find / order it somewhere. It'll give me something to do.

*If I get desperate then I may change my mind on that.
I don't use them to be honest I'm slimming down on the soaps so can send them no issue.

Dr Watson

James
I recall seeing some twin packs in a local "alternative lifestyle" shop... Double size boxes containing a tube of toothpaste (which is very good stuff BTW) and a tube of the original shaving foam... Will have a look next time I'm in town.

Yehuda D

Forum GOD!
I tried the Vicco cream a few years ago. It lathered beautifully for me and gave me great skincare but the scent disgusted me.