Vertex watches

Discussion in 'Recreation, Hobbies & Interests' started by SensitiveGuy, Jun 20, 2018.

1. SensitiveGuy

SensitiveGuy Veteran

Hi Guys,
    I don’t suppose anyone has a personal invite to purchase the Vertex M100?
    I know there’s a lot of watch guys on here
    Would like to talk to you, if you didn’t mind ...

2. N_Architect

N_Architect Forum GOD!

No invite here but can't see anything special or extraordinary in this venture either.

A typical ETA movement in a nice field/pilot style case and dial, reminiscent of the WWII Vertex of course.
    They added a Pelikan case (as if you're buying a Canon 1D X II bodies & lenses set of a war photojournalist), and they also tried to make it special by allocating pieces to "invitation only" clients. Just another way to market the product differently and make an impression at the same time, if you ask me.

Truth is they're just so many nice watches out there, all of them different in their own way and quite special by character - at any price level.

You may want to post a question on TRF or WUS, see if someone there has the piece and hence the authority to provide you with an invite.
    Alternatively if you really want the watch and are ready to pay for it, you may want to drop an email to the Vertex founder's grandson, who is now running this project. He may certainly have a few pieces set aside for sale.

Last option is to look for the piece in the pre-owned market. People who buy these things have a few more watches in the collection, and some of them have all sorts of reasons to put up their own piece for sale, months down the line. Even if you can't easily find one in the local classifieds, a good pre-owned dealer should easily be able to source one for you.

3. SensitiveGuy

SensitiveGuy Veteran

Thanks @N-Architect
    I quite like the black version, but the stainless is more me. Annoyingly they seem to have around 100 left of the limited run, but aren’t making them available for sale :confused:
    Will try the links you mention, thank you :thumbsup:

4. SensitiveGuy

SensitiveGuy Veteran

0D136150-7AF8-4080-A0CC-8DBCD1EE202B.jpeg
    Currently pulling together a list of ones which catch my eye.
    Not a big fan of a day / date window.
    Don’t like stainless bracelets, so they’ll be swapped out for a leather version if I buy one of those.
    Always wanted a Rolex since a child, not sure why.
    Prices range from more than my car - and more than I will ever pay to a couple of hundred.
    Kind of a graduation present to myself ....

5. N_Architect

N_Architect Forum GOD!

Plenty of nice choices in there. You won't be disappointed. Have a look at the Tudors, as well. Nice value for money.
    I agree on the use of a good leather strap, but no harm getting a bracelet timepiece - you may wish to use the bracelet years down the line. Versatility is key.

SensitiveGuy likes this.
  6. SensitiveGuy

SensitiveGuy Veteran

I like the Tudors, in many ways cleaner than a Rolex for example, but I can’t get away from the Mallet / Hammer hands on the watch which erks somewhat
    Shame because it could have saved me some money :happy:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice