Vacations

Xring3

Forum GOD!
For those who are planning vacation, with the recent travel bans and event cancellations, how has this affected you?

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Hoping here that this is all done and dusted by 16th July, when we are due to fly to Vegas.

Looking pretty much like the Elbow Gig at Bournemouth will be called off. Would be a shame but I’d rather it was given the circumstance.

vtmax

Forum GOD!
Landed in Shannon this morning from Boston. On my way home down to Dingle in Kerry. We have our main home here now, one of the kids is in Dublin, and I hope to retire back to Kerry in 5-7 years.

Back for a weeks visit and Irish and UK flights are exempt for now. Dual citizenship which allows me to ignore anything Trump says.

Steve

Boomer Member
Just cancelled our September trip to the States until a vaccine is available and distributed to the general public. This is likely to become an annual threat. It is also worth mentioning that the Chinese Coronavirus highlights that 97% of our antibiotics and pharmaceuticals come from China, who hates us.

Xring3

Forum GOD!
My son lives in Seattle. He said some people there are in a panic mode. Bottled water, toilet paper and some other supplies are in short supply. Lots of things closed down like schools, sports events and anything with large crowds. Most large cities are more affected than rural locations. Wife and I don’t travel much and things around here are only minor inconveniences. My state of Oklahoma has recorded less than 10 cases and no casualties. No telling what the future will bring.

Xring3

Forum GOD!
Then why did all our companies go there?

Bob
Companies want products on the cheap. China produces cheap stuff. When I worked in a machine shop the castings that we finished were all cast in China. It was a Swiss company, machined in USA, raw castings from China and shipped worldwide. The way of international business.

SeanC

Forum GOD!
For those who are planning vacation, with the recent travel bans and event cancellations, how has this affected you?
I stalled on an invitation from a friend in Madrid to visit them before Easter. With hindsight that was exactly the right thing to do as the area is now subject to a travel advisory for being a transmission hot bed

R181

Grumpy old man
Companies want products on the cheap. China produces cheap stuff. When I worked in a machine shop the castings that we finished were all cast in China. It was a Swiss company, machined in USA, raw castings from China and shipped worldwide. The way of international business.
Yea, I understand all that , globalization. Just found it amusing the comment about China hating us. What has that got to do with anything in international business where profits are the bottom line.

Bob