Us vendors to Uk/Eu

Dcw7830

Forum GOD!
Anyone have any positive or negative experience of Us or Canadian vendors to European country's (postage/customs charges etc). I've found Italian barber good personally as they use Ups rather than the postal service and haven't had customs charges as of yet...
 

p.b

Forum GOD!
Maggards, cheap and reliable. The shipping is far cheaper than Italian Barber, however, I understand that IB ships alcohol aftershaves which Maggards does not.
 

Stonec0ld

Forum GOD!
I asked IB if they shipped splashes and they said no, the website says they don't as well so never took the risk.

My experiences:
Maggards - quick cheap delivery and no customs charges but no splashes.
PAA - Quick delivery but not cheap, no customs charges but does ship splashes.
Ariana & Evans/The Shaving Shop - delivery not as quick or as cheap as Maggards but cheaper than PAA (approx 3 sets for before delivery increases), hit and miss with customs charges but does ship splashes.
 

Stonec0ld

Forum GOD!
Don’t ask, don’t tell... Have had splashes delivered from them more than once. I was under the impression that their shipper even has a permit for shipping hazardous goods.
Well I asked and they said they used to sell splashes shipped via land, but said they don't any longer as they can't guarantee once it leaves Canada that it'll stay on land.
 

halvor

a most elusive fish
Well I asked and they said they used to sell splashes shipped via land, but said they don't any longer as they can't guarantee once it leaves Canada that it'll stay on land.
Ah, a recent development, then. Too bad. My orders have reached my much quicker than boat shipments from Carmine, Top of the Chain, so they must indeed have been air freighted.
 

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
It's been around seven months since I last purchased anything from IB, but had splashes shipped with UPS several times after speaking with Joseph. Perhaps something has happened since then.
Never received a customs charge, either.
 

ajc347

Forum GOD!
I’ve never had a problem with Maggards but have had a problem with a couple of other vendors.

IB are great until UPS lose one of their parcels. It’s like getting blood out of a stone trying to get a refund from them.

Classic Shaving’s customer service is, in my experience, incredibly poor when there is a problem with.

I’ve found Timeless, Karve, CG, ATT, Bullgoose, Wild West Brushworks, Turn n Shave, AP Shave Co. and Backland to be great in sending goods on time and without any major dramas. Expect to be be hit by customs charges for all of these vendors (apart from Wild West Brushes and AP Shave Co whose packages haven’t attracted customs fees so far) as they (quite rightly) specify the full value of items they send on the customs label.
 

Dcw7830

Forum GOD!
Maggard seem the best priced postage wise. Shame that they don't ship splashes. Had my eye on a couple of the A&E aftershaves that they carry.
 

Stonec0ld

Forum GOD!
They don't have the ones I was looking for but thanks for the heads up. I'll check until they do!
Ah no worries, A&E in the US do ship splashes, postage is ok too I think it's about $24 for up to 3 sets. Can be hit and miss with customs
 
Top