Upper Lip & Chin: Better Razors?

TheBurgh

Loyal Order of The Overlander; Athena Afficianado
Perusing this and other shaving blogs (and the interweb in general), I find a few fleeting mentions of the (non)adaptability of razor heads to cleanly address these challenging facial shaving areas. Most of those scarce comments address "thick" heads which fall short or risk nics to the nose.

Not looking for a safety razor to completely and effortlessly master this task. I am hoping that you have used some DE/SE razors which are better than others at helping you master this wavey zone.

Noob who appreciates you and being here.

Thank You!
 

Phoenixkh

Forum GOD!
Well, I'm new to wet shaving.... returning after 50 years or so shaving with varying models of Gillette cartridge razors. Three weeks ago, I got a Executive Shaving Co. Claymore Evolution. They are also available in the States through Alpha Shaving. This razor is a joint venture with the two companies. It's a single edge AC (Artist Club: a specific kind of razor blade that is manufactured by a few companies). The head is thin and that allows me to get very close under my nose and also catch the hairs that grow in the entrance of the nostrils.

There are several other options in the single edge razor category. You'll find them listed among the posts here and other forums and Face Book shaving groups.

Take a look: https://www.executive-shaving.co.uk/the-claymore-version-3-single-edge-stainless-steel-razor
During the working hours in the UK, you'll find a chat dialog box in the bottom right hand corner of the page on their site. Their staff is very helpful and very often, if he is around, the owner, Brian Mulreany, will take the time to give you advice. He's very knowledgeable and informative. A very nice gentleman.
 
Last edited:

jeepie

Forum GOD!
I agree that executive shaving is an excellent company and they are really helpful. Shaving under the nose is tricky.

I believe that consensus is the blackland vector is probably the most nimble safety razor. I am sure owners will be along shortly! I don’t have one but lust after one for similar reasons!
 

LeeMaz

Forum GOD!
Yaqi do a clone of the vector the Excalibur, that gives a good shave. The Leaf Twig is highly manoeuvrable and easy to use in the areas and always gives stellar results. My Rockwell 6s also is a delightful shave in these areas despite being a larger headed razor!
 

Sami

Forum GOD!
I find the razorock lupo both .72 and .95 extremely maneuverable around the nostrils to do detailed work with ease as the head is very slim and low profile
 

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
Perusing this and other shaving blogs (and the interweb in general), I find a few fleeting mentions of the (non)adaptability of razor heads to cleanly address these challenging facial shaving areas. Most of those scarce comments address "thick" heads which fall short or risk nics to the nose.

Not looking for a safety razor to completely and effortlessly master this task. I am hoping that you have used some DE/SE razors which are better than others at helping you master this wavey zone.

Noob who appreciates you and being here.

Thank You!
The vintage Schick injector razor, being a relatively small head can be used both with and against the grain as it fits under the nose to shave the columella area with excellent results. There are several models that were produced over time, and most are less than $10. Blades are readily available and last several uses.

Schick Head.jpg
 

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
I haven’t found an DE/SE modern or vintage razor yet that will handle the difficult areas as thoroughly or painlessly as a Mach 3 or Sensor.
 
Last edited:

TheBurgh

Loyal Order of The Overlander; Athena Afficianado
Yes, I do follow up all suggestions with prepurchase research. Wasn't expecting all members here to see my self Introduction to ATG, so wanted a topical title to seek more reactions.

Vector sold out (maybe Yaki Excalibur), now seeking vintage Schick injector (but bought a Supply SE v.2), purchased a Gamechanger (both plates). Some others were outside my temporary price range untill I become more experienced.

Thanks for participating in my threads, Slapo!
 
Last edited:

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
I've used vintage Schick injector razors for the past two days and was reminded of the genius of the small head design. That blades are readily available; we are able to have the experiences of our ancestors.
 

TheBurgh

Loyal Order of The Overlander; Athena Afficianado
I am old enough to be one of my ancestors. :wink:

Just ordered a Schick model L (I think that was one of my adolescent shaving training models) from the Bay. Do folks here find a particular vintage Schick injector model to be better or worse than others?
 
Last edited:
Top