Tyres

D

Deleted member 1881

Hankook are excellent choice.

I use the eco control type in my taxi, many thousands kilometres, still look very good!

Zedotelhado

Forum GOD!
I know users who are not pleased with Hankook, particularly in winter and in use essentially on motorway, but i do not know if the were eco control

Benz3ne

Forum GOD!
I'll throw a spanner in with Kuhmo. I've always defaulted to them for my Mx5. Formerly the KU39 and now their successor, the PS71. Good grip in wet and dry and lasted decently.

Recently, a tyre puncture saw me needing tyres quickly, therefore limited options. Ergo, I've ended up with 2x Nexen Nfera on the rears. Notably worse grip until they're up to temperature, where they actually perform decently.

TL,DR; I'd say Kuhmo are a solid shout if your tyre sizes allow it.

Rob99

Forum GOD!
On my impreza I’d swear by the Bridgestones pole positions.
They only last a 15.0000km.

After that I’ve got the Bridgestones 050. Little bit harder compound.

At last I’ve used the Vredestein ultrac sessanta.
It sticked on the road.
Loved those.

D

Deleted member 1881

Another great option are the Toyo Proxes CF2. Such an excellent tyre.

100.000 km without any problems. I know, I should have changed them earlier!

p.b

Forum GOD!
Another great option are the Toyo Proxes CF2. Such an excellent tyre.

100.000 km without any problems. I know, I should have changed them earlier!
100.000km!!!!! I had Toyo Proxes and there were indeed wonderful - because they were soft. Which is why I think they lasted less than 12,000 miles.

D

Deleted member 1881

100.000km!!!!! I had Toyo Proxes and there were indeed wonderful - because they were soft. Which is why I think they lasted less than 12,000 miles.
You maybe had the T1R..

Reactions: p.b

culcreuch

Forum GOD!
Tyres are a tale of 2 cities for me. I usually go for budget on the car....but the rear tyre on my motorcycle costs more than all 4 on the car.

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
I've been going with Continentals on my A6. Rated at 70,000 miles, I'm getting about 45,000 miles from them. Not sure why I keep going with the Continentals given they wear out so quick. Watching this thread to see if there is another brand that will give me more miles.

p.b

Forum GOD!
I've been going with Continentals on my A6. Rated at 70,000 miles, I'm getting about 45,000 miles from them. Not sure why I keep going with the Continentals given they wear out so quick. Watching this thread to see if there is another brand that will give me more miles.
Americans’ expectation of tyre /tire life is SO different to Europeans’.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Michelin Cross Climate on our Yeti. Great grip in all conditions and wear well.

steve
Michelin work well on our Yeti. The Yeti has been a great car. hidden gem that whilst it didn’t look that modern and went under the radar. I like it better than its replacement. Ours goes in May and we have a Octavia Estate on the way.