TV programme making razors

Vacumatic

Testy
It was excellent, showed the manufacturing precision that went into Edwin Jagger razors. They say that they cannot make them fast enough. The quality and care that they put into their products made you want to buy one.

The program is repeated on Saturday at 12.15 on ITV4 and is also available On Demand if you have that service.

Last edited:

Missoni

Fellow Traveller
Just watched on catch-up (to save you wading through endless adverts, it starts about 25 minutes in). Impressive manufacturing and quality control processes. Much of the work, other than final assembly and laser etching, appears to be contracted-out (MIM moulding, polishing, finishing, handle rod cutting, acid baths etc). MIM looks a tricky process when you have to calculate for shrinkage; given a choice, I would prefer CNC, but if I owned a 3one6, for the price, I would be greatly appreciative of the work that has gone into the razor - good value. Also great to see this product made in the UK and real jobs supported as a result - just tremendous. And the icing on the cake?' Edwin Jagger can not make enough 3One6's, to meet demand!

Last edited:

Vacumatic

Testy
If you like the idea that the UK can and does make high quality products using the best quality materials by an expert workforce then you will enjoy this program.