Turntable and HiFi

Discussion in 'Music, Movies, TV & Entertainment' started by Celar36, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Celar36

Celar36 Forum GOD!

I am an Audiophile.

In my flat I have
    Rega P3 Turntable with Elys2 cartridge(next year I will update to Audio Technica cartridge)
    B&W 606 speakers
    Marantz PM6006 UK Edition Amplifier

Plenty of records from Jazz to late 80s

This set was assemble to suit my flat living and it delivers beautifully.

Anybody here also use TT?

Tzimisce and N_Architect like this.
  2. Nisse

Nisse Veteran

Still got my Thoréns but it is collecting dust I am keeping it for sentimental reasons.

3. Celar36

Celar36 Forum GOD!

That’s great brand. Demand pictures:). Tomorrow I will post mine:)

4. Nisse

Nisse Veteran

ERA.jpg
    That was odd, went to take a pic and my Thoréns was gone, instead I was met by my old ERA 444 turntable. Goes to show how often I visit this part of the house. Not sure why the switch, maybe broke the stylus and was too cheap to buy a new one? need to take a tour down the basement tomorrow and check :mad:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    Tzimisce, Fox and Celar36 like this.
  5. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Über Member

Rega Planar 1 here paired with a Harman Kardon AV Receiver and Klipsch surround speaker system. I also just hook up my iPod Classic v5.5 to listen to stuff I don't have on vinyl. It’s in the man cave with a 65” Samsung TV. Not audiophile but definitely nice.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  6. pjgh

pjgh Forum GOD!

... just revived my 25 year old kit when I spotted some of my favourite musical works were reissued on lovely, thick 180gm vinyl.

I have a Kenwood KA-3020 SE amplifier with a SONY PS-LX350H turntable attached < that's the "DJ" deck and a poor copy of the Technics, but it sounds fine enough to me. Apple Airport Express connected through the AUX for lossless digital music from my Mac.

Celar36 likes this.
  7. Blackmass

Blackmass Forum GOD!

I own a Well Tempered Versalex. I did have a fully spec'd LP12SE until March of last year. Best thing I did was sell it. I enjoy the WT far more than the LP12.

20181202_152415.jpg

Over the last 12 months I’ve changed everything, apart from my Roksan speakers. Sold my Linn CD player, Linn Power amp and Linn Pre amp. I now have a Naim ND5 XS 2 streamer and Exposure S2D integrated amp. My system has never sounded so good…and less than a third of the cost of my last set-up.

8. les24preludes

les24preludes Über Member

I build valve amps and preamps myself. I just use vintage directly-heated valves like 26, 10Y, 4P1L, 01A, 2a3, 300B because they have a unique clarity and tone. Here's some pics of amps I'm making for friends... You can't easily buy amps using all directly-heated valves like this - if you like the sound so much that nothing else will do, you have to make them!

2a3PPmonoblok.jpg Pavel's Pre1.jpg

Nick_S, Blackmass, Tzimisce and 8 others like this.
  9. Celar36

Celar36 Forum GOD!

That would be my choice of TT in that price bracket. Not enough they are great players but plinth is extraordinarily:)

Thou I love my Rega P3. I almost pulled trigger for P6 but if I put the much money I prefer to spend more and buy Versalex. Also with P6 I would take an MC cartridge than I would be looking for new amp. So safe choice was P3.

I too changed whole my system recently.

Tannoy M1 into B&W606
    Onkyo A9010 UK into Marantz PM6006UK
    Old Polish TT in Rega P3
    And speaker cable upgrade

I am happy now with this set up

Fox and Blackmass like this.
  10. Blackmass

Blackmass Forum GOD!

You could have a listen to the Simplex MK 2? It’s half the price Versalex and some say there isn’t much between the two. I did read someone actually preferred the Simplex to the Versalex.

I haven’t heard the Simplex myself. I had my heart set on the Versalex anyway.
    I did listen to the Rega P6 and P8 and both were very enjoyable to listen to but it was game over when I heard the Versalex.

11. Celar36

Celar36 Forum GOD!

Not surprised completely different bar!

I will check out simplex out of curiosity.

I am not far from Sevenoaks Sound & Vision HiFi shop and I like to support local business so Everything I bought is from them. Their prices either way are one of best on internet.

12. Blackmass

Blackmass Forum GOD!

Celar36 likes this.
  13. andyr

andyr Noob

I have a Rega Planar 3 from 1983. Not to common in the USA.

N_Architect likes this.
  14. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Über Member

I'm really enjoying my Planar 1. Bought it about 9 months ago and could not be happier. Entry level for Rega but very nice for me.

15. andyr

andyr Noob

I hope your Rega last as long as mine has.

MntnMan62 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice