Turntable and HiFi

Celar36

Forum GOD!
I am an Audiophile.

In my flat I have
Rega P3 Turntable with Elys2 cartridge(next year I will update to Audio Technica cartridge)
B&W 606 speakers
Marantz PM6006 UK Edition Amplifier

Plenty of records from Jazz to late 80s

This set was assemble to suit my flat living and it delivers beautifully.

Anybody here also use TT?

Nisse

Old geezer
Still got my Thoréns but it is collecting dust I am keeping it for sentimental reasons.

Nisse

Old geezer
ERA.jpg

That was odd, went to take a pic and my Thoréns was gone, instead I was met by my old ERA 444 turntable. Goes to show how often I visit this part of the house. Not sure why the switch, maybe broke the stylus and was too cheap to buy a new one? need to take a tour down the basement tomorrow and check :mad:

Last edited:

MntnMan62

Legendary Member
Rega Planar 1 here paired with a Harman Kardon AV Receiver and Klipsch surround speaker system. I also just hook up my iPod Classic v5.5 to listen to stuff I don't have on vinyl. It’s in the man cave with a 65” Samsung TV. Not audiophile but definitely nice.

Last edited:

pjgh

Forum GOD!
... just revived my 25 year old kit when I spotted some of my favourite musical works were reissued on lovely, thick 180gm vinyl.

I have a Kenwood KA-3020 SE amplifier with a SONY PS-LX350H turntable attached < that's the "DJ" deck and a poor copy of the Technics, but it sounds fine enough to me. Apple Airport Express connected through the AUX for lossless digital music from my Mac.

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
I own a Well Tempered Versalex. I did have a fully spec'd LP12SE until March of last year. Best thing I did was sell it. I enjoy the WT far more than the LP12.

20181202_152415.jpg

Over the last 12 months I’ve changed everything, apart from my Roksan speakers. Sold my Linn CD player, Linn Power amp and Linn Pre amp. I now have a Naim ND5 XS 2 streamer and Exposure S2D integrated amp. My system has never sounded so good…and less than a third of the cost of my last set-up.

I build valve amps and preamps myself. I just use vintage directly-heated valves like 26, 10Y, 4P1L, 01A, 2a3, 300B because they have a unique clarity and tone. Here's some pics of amps I'm making for friends... You can't easily buy amps using all directly-heated valves like this - if you like the sound so much that nothing else will do, you have to make them!

2a3PPmonoblok.jpg
Pavel's Pre1.jpg

Celar36

Forum GOD!
I own a Well Tempered Versalex. I did have a fully spec'd LP12SE until March of last year. Best thing I did was sell it. I enjoy the WT far more than the LP12.

View attachment 46597

Over the last 12 months I’ve changed everything, apart from my Roksan speakers. Sold my Linn CD player, Linn Power amp and Linn Pre amp. I now have a Naim ND5 XS 2 streamer and Exposure S2D integrated amp. My system has never sounded so good…and less than a third of the cost of my last set-up.

That would be my choice of TT in that price bracket. Not enough they are great players but plinth is extraordinarily:)

Thou I love my Rega P3. I almost pulled trigger for P6 but if I put the much money I prefer to spend more and buy Versalex. Also with P6 I would take an MC cartridge than I would be looking for new amp. So safe choice was P3.

I too changed whole my system recently.

Tannoy M1 into B&W606
Onkyo A9010 UK into Marantz PM6006UK
Old Polish TT in Rega P3
And speaker cable upgrade

I am happy now with this set up

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
You could have a listen to the Simplex MK 2? It’s half the price Versalex and some say there isn’t much between the two. I did read someone actually preferred the Simplex to the Versalex.

I haven’t heard the Simplex myself. I had my heart set on the Versalex anyway.
I did listen to the Rega P6 and P8 and both were very enjoyable to listen to but it was game over when I heard the Versalex.

Celar36

Forum GOD!
You could have a listen to the Simplex MK 2? It’s half the price Versalex and some say there isn’t much between the two. I did read someone actually preferred the Simplex to the Versalex.

I haven’t heard the Simplex myself. I had my heart set on the Versalex anyway.
I did listen to the Rega P6 and P8 and both were very enjoyable to listen to but it was game over when I heard the Versalex.
Not surprised completely different bar!

I will check out simplex out of curiosity.

I am not far from Sevenoaks Sound & Vision HiFi shop and I like to support local business so Everything I bought is from them. Their prices either way are one of best on internet.