Trumper's Eucris Eau de Parfum

rum

Forum GOD!
I haven't seen much written about this one. Geo F Trumper has released their iconic Eucris scent as an Eau de Parfum spray (in 50ml size) and it is much stronger and longer lasting than the older cologne splash bottle (Eau de Toilette). I was lucky enough to receive a sample of this at the back end of 2017.

Has anyone else expreinced the new EdP and what are your thoughts? Has anyone even gone as far as to get a bottle?

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
Not heard anything about this before. Eucris is my favourite scent and I'd certainly be interested in hearing more about a EDP version.

rum

Forum GOD!
Surprised that no one has heard about it before. All that I’ve heard is that it was launched at the end of 2017 and that very few online stores currently stock it, aside from Trumper’s directly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
Eucris is one of my favourite colognes and I can find it easily here in the Emerald Isle.
Here are two sites: https://www.shaving.ie/products/geo-f-trumper-eucris-edt.html or http://www.knightsshavingshop.com/search.php?search_query=Eucris&section=product
Although the Knights barbers is a little more expensive, I like their place. My first time using Eucris was when I got my first barbers shave,
he asked what scent I would like? Normally I would go for T&H 1805 but for whatever reason, I chose the black bottle.
When I left the barbers I had bought a bottle :)

Dr Watson

James
Considering a bottle of Eucris myself, sounds like it might be the perfect match for what's left of the cold weather. Never tried it before but am getting rather into Trumpers so its rude not to! Have read its reminiscent/similar to Chanel Antaeus... Any truth to that?

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
Considering a bottle of Eucris myself, sounds like it might be the perfect match for what's left of the cold weather. Never tried it before but am getting rather into Trumpers so its rude not to! Have read its reminiscent/similar to Chanel Antaeus... Any truth to that?
Never tried the Chanel but maybe get the Eucris cream first or try and get to somewhere that stocks it for a try. It is a great scent though.

pjgh

Forum GOD!
Alas, I have most of a fresh bottle of splash on to go and another in the wings ... it'll be a while 'til I'll want to buy another bottle. When I do, yes, it'll be the EDP spray.

I'm keen to try the EDP.

I suppose they're similar in the way that Guinness and Murphy's are similar. Entirely different, though ...

Chanel Antaeus is quite animalic with muted florals. Masculine. GFT Eucris is quite powdery in some ways and quite floral, but by no means feminine. It's dark, charnal even. I have both and enjoy both for very different reasons. I was wearing Eucris today.

Dr Watson

James
Only just catching up with this, thanks for the input gents.

Powdery and floral is a good start, I generally abhor "modern" scents, Boss bottled & Chanel Bleu etc... So if Eucris harks back to a bygone era in perfumery all the better for it.

I'll seek out a sample from somewhere, I've seen the 75g creams on offer for £7.00.

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
20181018_214555.jpg

Tried for the first time tonight and loved it! Another one to add to the list.:facepalm::p:

What's the shaving cream like? From what I've briefly read it hasn't got the best reviews.

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
The cream is pretty good in my opinion with the usual Trumpers performance. I've heard very mixed reviews of the soap so haven't tried that.

Dr Watson

James
Trumpers creams are the best out of the UK companies in my opinion... Similar performance to T&H but better scents. Their hard soaps have been awful for 5+ years but word on the street is a reformulation may have happened and they now perform, problem is nobody is willing to be the guinea pig and waste £10 finding out :happy:

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
Trumpers creams are the best out of the UK companies in my opinion... Similar performance to T&H but better scents. Their hard soaps have been awful for 5+ years but word on the street is a reformulation may have happened and they now perform, problem is nobody is willing to be the guinea pig and waste £10 finding out :happy:
Thanks James.:thumbsup: I’ll add the cream to my Christmas list.:santa:

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
Just bought a bottle of "Eucris" Edt off Wayne, It is a fragrance that my Grandfather would wear very often.
So just like him I will be an interesting, irritating, cantankerous old fart but with impeccable taste and a wry wit :).

Last edited: