Completed Tradere OC

Actor07

Forum GOD!
When you get ready to sell, I am interested. BTW, what is the serial number for the OC? Is it 1st Gen or 2nd Gen?

Celar36

Forum GOD!
Hi All,

I got good few PM with offers to sell it.

To be clear first I have got friend to consider as I promised him long time ago if I ever get one and want to pass it. It will be him. If he cant afford and don't want it, I will offer this razor to people on this pass around first (all who want to buy put in random generator to be fair) and then and only then I will put it on BST with restriction on buy as I do not want to sell to somebody who will quickly resale for profit on eBay.

I am open about what I paid and I am happy to show proof of purchase.

All in cost me £393.40 GBP. I want same amount plus postage and Paypal Fee

Looney12345

Forum GOD!
Gents, Tradere is with me :) I like the case, bulletproof almost. The razor itself has numerous "scratches" they should polish out as it's a stainless steel razor. I won't be doing that though. I'll just be doing my utmost to not add any more marks to the razor. Very much looking forward to giving it a go and thanks again to @Celar36 for the opportunity.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Hi All,

I got good few PM with offers to sell it.

To be clear first I have got friend to consider as I promised him long time ago if I ever get one and want to pass it. It will be him. If he cant afford and don't want it, I will offer this razor to people on this pass around first (all who want to buy put in random generator to be fair) and then and only then I will put it on BST with restriction on buy as I do not want to sell to somebody who will quickly resale for profit on eBay.

I am open about what I paid and I am happy to show proof of purchase.

All in cost me £393.40 GBP. I want same amount plus postage and Paypal Fee
Time to start saving!

UKRob

Forum GOD!
As they say on Dragons Den - I'm oot. A bit too rich for me even though I loved it as a razor.

Just a few years ago I ordered one and paid £150, but had second thoughts overnight and the supplier refunded. As you probably have realised, I can be a right pillock at times.

Looney12345

Forum GOD!
Morning gents,

Yesterday’s shave with the Tradere pass around razor. It was also my first use of the Maesto Finest shaving brush courtesy of @p.b. Very nice brush it is as well. Lathered up with Wickhams 1912 Le Blue. It picked up enough soap for a two pass shave (just) with a 30 second loading time. The tips are soft, there’s enough backbone, feels good in use. Not my best brush, but I’m still very happy with it.

The razor I loaded with a new Astra Superior Platinum blade. It is smooth and efficient, plain and simple. The handle I initially thought was a little large and heavy. That was unfounded as in use it is comfortable and nicely weighted. It was easy to find the right cutting angle and it worked through a few days growth easily. First time in a few shaves that I can truly say I finished DFS (@Billyfergie and his dolphins, not damn fine shave) pretty much all over as I’m not at that level with my straight shaves yet!

Hope you all had a lovely weekend and this week treats you kindly!

Looney12345

Forum GOD!
Last night’s shave report below;

The second shave with the pass around Tradere, a couple of days stubble. Also my first use of a new Shavemac brush, a 25/48 2 band fan in a 386 handle with a black brown resin. The resin is lovely, lots of depth, nice colour play, I like it. I stuck to a soap I know to be able to test the brush properly after its shampoo and conditioner pampering session, Wickhams 1912 Magnum. Lovely soap. The brush performed well, the usual 30 seconds loading and face lather. It’s an interesting knot, decent backbone with nice soft tips, very good flow through, it held on to very little lather. It’s going to take at least a couple more uses to understand if this is a keeper for me, I enjoyed it, but I’m not sure if I enjoyed it as much as some of my other brushes. I can’t really fault it though so it’s a strange one!

The Tradere was loaded up with an Astra SP on its second use. Two passes later and I was smooth and feeling good. No nicks, no weepers. On this shave, I felt the teeth more than on my first outing, but the razor is still smooth, efficient and comfortable. I’m not blown away by it, but I enjoy it!

Finished as always witch Thayers Aloe WH, followed by Speick AB, followed by Pure Organic Argan Oil.

Have a good afternoon gents.

Looney12345

Forum GOD!
Afternoon gents,

Last nights shave report below and my 12th SR shave... Not sure it can really count though as I only had one pass on my face (left my neck alone) with the straight before moving on to the Tradere to finish up.

First the brush and soap combo. Haven't used my Romera Rustic Chubby for a while now and the same can be said for the Wickhams 1912 Citrus Musk. Both performed superbly, the knot on the Romera is brilliant and the Wickhams, well it's Wickhams, I don't really need to say any more.

The razor I was using is the Friodur Inox. I'd be warned by a couple of guys on the pass around that the Friodur feels a little rough and wants to have a nibble at you. Well I have to completely agree with the assessment. I had a similar few days growth to get through,as I had when I used the Krahn, whilst the Krahn was smooth, the Friodur just wasn't. I didn't nick myself, or cause any weepers, but after the first pass all over my face, I just didn't fancy continuing, I wasn't particularly enjoying it and I didn't want to cut myself. As such, I grabbed the Tradere, with an Astra on its fourth use, to complete the first pass on my neck, re-lathered and completed a second pass.

I finished smooth, without irritation and any nicks or weepers. The Tradere I find, like most OCs excels with a few days growth. When I used it with only a couple of days growth it left me irritated on my neck, this time around I don't have that issue.

An OK shave all around then, but I've had much better!

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
@Looney12345 load that Shavemac till the white upper band is fully submerged. When swirling on the face don't press the whole knot too far into the face, instead use force to just push in the white upper band portion again. Lots of water to the tips also helps.

Looney12345

Forum GOD!
@Looney12345 load that Shavemac till the white upper band is fully submerged. When swirling on the face don't press the whole knot too far into the face, instead use force to just push in the white upper band portion again. Lots of water to the tips also helps.
Good advice Nishy. I never smash my brush, only ever press reasonably gently down, my knots never splay across my face, I treat them with kindness! I'm starting to add a bit more water to my Wickham lather to experiment with thick lather and more runny lather :)