Pass Around Tom's 3D printed Wabbit injector razor

twhite

Speling Bea Champyun
I had a look around the interweb and their wisdom is:
- superglue is not water-soluble
- don't use superglue on ABS printed objects, or else... the web is vague on "or else".

Luckily the V2 and V3 are printed from PLA, not ABS.
The V1 is ABS though. Maybe that can explain the magnet falling out.

Tom, @twhite, what type of adhesive did you use on the V1?
I used inferior American super glue:oops:

twhite

Speling Bea Champyun
Your choice. Don't take my word for it though.
For some reason, the Wabbit and me don't click.
I seem to be alone with that opinion.
I am on the fence about the Wabbit. It shaved fine for me. I did not like the original handle when shaving my neck. Hence V-3. I am still waiting for mine to be printed. They said today.

As is with all razors, they will work for some. But never for all. I was trying to see if a printed Injector type razor is even feasible in 3D printing.

Besides I just love creating something different.

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
I am on the fence about the Wabbit. It shaved fine for me. I did not like the original handle when shaving my neck. Hence V-3. I am still waiting for mine to be printed. They said today.

As is with all razors, they will work for some. But never for all. I was trying to see if a printed Injector type razor is even feasible in 3D printing.

Besides I just love creating something different.
It's feasible, but it's no Bunny. Or Eversharp Fashion Razor. Or Schick N3.
It's never going to be my injector blade razor of choice. The queue in front of it is too long.
I also find the cap too fiddly to handle, especially when not wearing glasses. It annoys me.

After all the feedback so far, here and elsewhere, I'm sure it's not the Wabbit, it's me.

ajc347

Forum GOD!
I had a shave with the v3 tonight and must say, unfortunately, it wasn’t a good one.

I love the handle; the head arrangement just feels totally counter-intuitive to me, though.

The blade angle is not angled in the same way as v1 and v2 as shown in the photo below. Due to this I really struggled to find the right angle and ended up with a poor shave as a result.

01F9BD59-4B11-4653-8778-B156C7FAD24A.jpeg

I’ll give it one more try tomorrow and will then package all three razors and send them out to the next person on the list on Tuesday.

twhite

Speling Bea Champyun
What would you like to see on handle angle? I changed the angle for V-3 because I had several people say the V-1 and V-2 were uncomfortable to use when shaving the neck.

Some constructive criticism is always welcome. Please advise as to what you would like to have as the angle. You are the first to try V-3. I am still waiting for mine. So I have zero experience on how it shaved.

I would not want to waste anybody’s time with a bad design. The angle is easily modified if you could provide direction.

Thanks.
Tom

ajc347

Forum GOD!
Thanks Tom

I found the angle on the v1 and v2 to work pretty well for me. The handles feel as though they could do with more curvature and this is exactly what I like about the v3 handle. I can understand why some people might find the straight handle of the v1 and v2 to cause a problem when shaving WTG on the neck, especially given that the edge of the blade appears to follow the same vertical plane as the foremost edge of the handle. I only ever shave ATG on my neck (WTG) elsewhere and didn't find any problems in this respect.

The v3 handle feels intuitive to hold and I suspect that were the v2 head to be superimposed on to the v3 handle, this would potentially hit a sweet spot in terms of shifting the head forward (in much the same way as a traditional injector does), thus giving a shaving angle that is much easier to find.

The v3 blade appears to be angled at a smidgeon over 270 degrees, whilst the v1and v2 follow a more traditional angle of around 247.5 degrees. This leaves the v3 blade to be positioned more or less perpendicular to the face and this involves a lot of work trying to angle the razor into a position where it will cut.

Hopefully, the above helps give some meaningful feedback. :)

Andy

twhite

Speling Bea Champyun
Thanks Tom

I found the angle on the v1 and v2 to work pretty well for me. The handles feel as though they could do with more curvature and this is exactly what I like about the v3 handle. I can understand why some people might find the straight handle of the v1 and v2 to cause a problem when shaving WTG on the neck, especially given that the edge of the blade appears to follow the same vertical plane as the foremost edge of the handle. I only ever shave ATG on my neck (WTG) elsewhere and didn't find any problems in this respect.

The v3 handle feels intuitive to hold and I suspect that were the v2 head to be superimposed on to the v3 handle, this would potentially hit a sweet spot in terms of shifting the head forward (in much the same way as a traditional injector does), thus giving a shaving angle that is much easier to find.

The v3 blade appears to be angled at a smidgeon over 270 degrees, whilst the v1and v2 follow a more traditional angle of around 247.5 degrees. This leaves the v3 blade to be positioned more or less perpendicular to the face and this involves a lot of work trying to angle the razor into a position where it will cut.

Hopefully, the above helps give some meaningful feedback. :)

Andy
Perfect. Exactly what I needed. This is the kind of information that I need to improve the razor.

VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!

Cheers
Tom

twhite

Speling Bea Champyun
Ok. I received my V-3 this morning. When I got home. I did a bit of fitting and glued the magnets in. I just finished shaving.
78ACD06B-00E7-4A5A-A134-E0754A478E61.jpeg

My initial thoughts. I prefer this new handle design. I was paying attention to how I hold it to see how it performs. I noticed straight away that with a square type handle I grip it with my thumb and index finger on the sides. I rest my pinky on the bottom. This is with a N/S and E/W stroke. Doing this I found no issue with handle angle.
On my S/N strokes hold it on the front and back faces of the handle. On the neck and jaw I found the angle to be fine. On the cheeks it was a bit steep feeling. Nothing that was insurmountable.

I do see if one holds the face and back face for all shaving there could be an issue with head angle.

I think I need more feedback from you all. Just like what @ajc347 supplied me with. That type of feedback is most helpful. It shows me a definite direction to look.

By the way the shave was very close and smooth. I like how loud this razor is. As I am hard of hearing, it is a welcome thing.

Tom

Grarea

Forum Plod
Well, this is fun.
Had a go with the orange and black today.
I generally use injectors.

A quick note. The magnets are beginning to go rusty already.

From the start the black one was like a stubble hoover running down the face.
I struggled to start with with the orange, but then that wasn't far behind.

Where it becomes a bit less good is the neck.
As I got to the bottom, there wasn't the angle to keep the handle out far enough.
I found the same at the top of the neck, again running up.

It feels like perhaps the solution would be to pivot the head back a little on the handle
I kind of want to remove a little off the top of the cap.
(or something :) )

All that said, I still got a better shave than many people do on a daily basis I suspect.
I am comparing to my preferred razor, an injector.

Also, this is only my first crack.
I am looking forward to another try.