TOBS Platinum Collection Pass Around

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Hi guys so I have been in contact with the lovely Georgia Gonzalalez over at TOBS. She has kindly sent a lovely sample pack, for our perusal. It contains:
TOBS Platinum Collection cream x 1
Platinum Collection spray (will clarify class of cologne) x 3

Here it is in a lovely shiny metallic tin (again will clarify if it's plastic or otherwise shortly) as shown below:
IMG_20170803_213041.jpg

Apologies for the poor picture, just got home so frantic. I couldn't resist a few squirts of the aftershave. It is an interesting combination. It starts off to my nose as TOBS St James. Straight up crisp cool cologne. It stops there. Yes literally an opening for a few minutes. The base notes pull through and it's not something I've smelt from TOBS before. It's darker yet sweetened by the top notes. It sticks close to the skin (2 hours into wear) after the opening so hard to detect specific notes. I would guess at, Sandalwood (not the same scent as their cream/soap) almost an incense like tone, light smoke, musk. Hard one.

Anyway try it for yourself. Let's start the pass around. As per usual add your name to list below and let's gather some feedback. I will send Georgina the link to the thread, so I welcome here feedback too.

I haven't used the cream as yet but from the tub it is towards the lighter TOBS fragrances. Many creams intensify their scent profile with the addition of water, so I'll hold judgement.

Let's see how long the tub lasts :)

1. Nishy
2. Andymc113
3. 2hot2trot
4. Mr Bigmem
5. Manic Dee

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Hi guys so I have been in contact with the lovely Georgia Gonzalalez over at TOBS. She has kindly sent a lovely sample pack, for our perusal. It contains:
TOBS Platinum Collection cream x 1
Platinum Collection spray (will clarify class of cologne) x 3

Here it is in a lovely shiny metallic tin (again will clarify if it's plastic or otherwise shortly) as shown below:
View attachment 15705

Apologies for the poor picture, just got home so frantic. I couldn't resist a few squirts of the aftershave. It is an interesting combination. It starts off to my nose as TOBS St James. Straight up crisp cool cologne. It stops there. Yes literally an opening for a few minutes. The base notes pull through and it's not something I've smelt from TOBS before. It's darker yet sweetened by the top notes. It sticks close to the skin (2 hours into wear) after the opening so hard to detect specific notes. I would guess at, Sandalwood (not the same scent as their cream/soap) almost an incense like tone, light smoke, musk. Hard one.

Anyway try it for yourself. Let's start the PIF. As per usual add your name to list below and let's gather some feedback. I will send Georgina the link to the thread, so I welcome here feedback too.

I haven't used the cream as yet but from the tub it is towards the lighter TOBS fragrances. Many creams intensify their scent profile with the addition of water, so I'll hold judgement.

Let's see how long the tub lasts :)

1. Nishy
@Nishy is this a passaround or a PIF?

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Anyone else interested? I am planning to use this cream tonight and then will send it to the next in line on Monday

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Well chaps, I hope everyone had a good weekend. I am ready to pass this product package forward to the next in line.

Unfortunately I have not had a good experience with the cream having used it once. Love the metallic packaging and performance is akin to other TOBS creams. Perhaps a little more cushion but with only one use it's hard to decipher. The cream itself caused irritation hence only the single use. The scent has notes similar to their St James collection, however a little more woody. Scent strength is around 4/10. Personally not one that I would go for again.