To scuttle, or not to scuttle? That is the question.

George.A

Guru
Guys, so that you know there's a discount on Simpsons for shaving mugs. I just ordered the large one and I'm curios to put it to good use.

FSword

Forum GOD!
I had bought a couple of scuttles some time ago, when I was still bowl lathering. Must have used them 2-3 times (in total). Much as I liked hot lather I found them too bulky and not at all maneuverable. For me it was more important to be able to hold the bowl firmly in one hand when creating the lather than retaining it hot (e.g. found the Captain's choice normal size lather bowl ideal). For example at certain times I found it convenient to hold the bowl sideways and I couldn't do that with a scuttle.

On the other hand since then I've been (exclusively) face lathering so I don't have such dilemmas.

S

Steve Bowles

I had bought a couple of scuttles some time ago, when I was still bowl lathering. Must have used them 2-3 times (in total). Much as I liked hot lather I found them too bulky and not at all maneuverable. For me it was more important to be able to hold the bowl firmly in one hand when creating the lather than retaining it hot (e.g. found the Captain's choice normal size lather bowl ideal). For example at certain times I found it convenient to hold the bowl sideways and I couldn't do that with a scuttle.

On the other hand since then I've been (exclusively) face lathering so I don't have such dilemmas.
+1 :smug:

boilerphan

Forum GOD!
With the cold weather of late, I could not resist ordering a scuttle from PAA. Best news is it was overly affordable ($25 USD) and gives me a chance to take for a test run to see how much/how often I will use it before sinking more cash into one.