Timeless bronze 0.78 OC

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
I got a good deal on the BST from one of our members on two excellent handles - a Jurgen Hempel titanium and a Wolfman Guerrilla. These have both gone on R41 heads and they are working so well that I'm sharing the shaving between the Bronze OC .78 and the R41s. Very little to choose between them, to be honest, the R41 is that good when optimised. I like the wide Wolfman handle - didn't at first but it's growing on me and has nice audible feedback since it's hollowed out. Gives a nice shhhhhh sound so you know when you're taking off stubble. This is what I wish a lot of high-end razor makers would do - make their handles hollow and wider. The Guerrilla weighs 63g against the 85g of the Bronze handle, and for me at least the balance and total weight is much better.

R41+Wolfman1.jpg

RussellR5555

Forum GOD!
I really wish folk would not show this picture of such a beautiful razor as the Timeless OC in this state. It looks like it came from a Skip! I'd hate to see the state of anyones house who lets a razor get into this state, it's pure laziness, get some Brasso on the damn thing. :cursing:
Shouldn't that be Bronzo ? :)

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
I've been trying different blades, and Gillette Silver blue looks like a good one for the Bronze .78 OC. Very smooth, and it cuts close enough for BBS with no stubble. No irritation. I'd say that was a result. Still trying out Nacet and Yellows as well.

bugra101

Forum GOD!
I’ve been thinking of this Razor lately.

At the moment I use Karve OC-C which I started to find slightly mild and not as close. I’ve used OC-E found that touch too aggressive but it did give a very close shave.

Also used the Rocca which I think is literally in between OC-C and OC-E.

I’m not biggest fan of the blade support on the Rocca.

How does this razor would compare to those above?

I can just get OC-D but customs charges put me off from it tbh.

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
i have the Bronze and the OC E plate. Not much to choose between them. I slightly prefer the Bronze, but that's with a titanium handle. I don't use the original handle. Too heavy for me. The whole razor weighs 129g with the stock handle.

jmudrick

Forum GOD!
I’ve been thinking of this Razor lately.

At the moment I use Karve OC-C which I started to find slightly mild and not as close. I’ve used OC-E found that touch too aggressive but it did give a very close shave.

Also used the Rocca which I think is literally in between OC-C and OC-E.

I’m not biggest fan of the blade support on the Rocca.

How does this razor would compare to those above?

I can just get OC-D but customs charges put me off from it tbh.
If it's blade support you want the Bronze kills it in terms of rigidity over the Karve and Rocca (and Timeless SS). My favorite modern razor.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

bugra101

Forum GOD!
If it's blade support you want the Bronze kills it in terms of rigidity over the Karve and Rocca (and Timeless SS). My favorite modern razor.

Yes I’m after the blade support and touch more aggressiveness than OC-C.

Is it even better than the Karve? I thought Karve blade support is one of the best out there. Blade is concrete.

bugra101

Forum GOD!
i have the Bronze and the OC E plate. Not much to choose between them. I slightly prefer the Bronze, but that's with a titanium handle. I don't use the original handle. Too heavy for me. The whole razor weighs 129g with the stock handle.
Would you say the Bronze is smoother than Karve OC-E?

I had a carving feeling with the OC-E plate.

jmudrick

Forum GOD!
Yes I’m after the blade support and touch more aggressiveness than OC-C.

Is it even better than the Karve? I thought Karve blade support is one of the best out there. Blade is concrete.
I only own the Karve SB D/F. I can only say I hardly ever reach for the Karve, the Bronze is much more effective ATG on my head shave which I typically attribute to a right combination of rigidity and exposure.

wintoid

Out of control
Did you mean Bronze? Just pm`ed you.
Sorry yes I mean bronze. I bought mine from Wayne of this parish, so there are probably some photos floating around in BST archive. I added a scratch-and-dent SB plate to the OC I bought from Wayne.