Timeless Aluminum

Wayne

Forum Sod
I saw this on Ebay and decided why not? I haven't bought anything for a while and I have had two other Timeless razors but never got on with them, lovely as they look. I had an SS SB and a Bronze OC both were too aggressive for me and rough, so they went to pastures new.
It arrived today and the chap even included around 50 mixed blades which was nice, judging by the selection he is an experienced wet shaver himself.
So to the shave. It really is light, the last time I had an Aluminum razor it was an Ikon slant, this is a lot lighter than that as I recall. It has a 0.45 blade gap which should be nice and mild compered to my current line up. Soap was Stirling Gentleman, Brush a Ferdman with AP 2Bed 24mm synth knot, blade was no messing Feather on 3rd use.
Lather was brilliant so I put it to the face and was really happy with the shave, the lightness made a big difference in the glide of the razor. Timeless razors are usually hefty pieces of kit but this just shot across the face in all directions and most importantly for me it just felt safe, zero weepers and a great DFS. It was a good buy and will be my preferred razor for travel. I need safety in a travel razor because I love a shave on an evening before going out and also enjoy a skinfull of beer in an afternoon so many of my shaves are not fully compus. These are a great price new I think around $75 so they are a bit of a bargain. I cannot stress enough though it is extremely lightweight but made to the usual Timeless quality, it even comes with the matching stand! I was more than half expecting to flip this after one shave but no. It's a keeper.
timeless.jpg

Last edited:

G_man

Forum GOD!
Great to hear! I also wandered whether this one would suit me..
I had timeless SS .65 OC, SS .95 OC and bronze SB.
All the were to harsh for me as a daily driver.

Then I also had titanium .95 SB, but that one dragged to much for my liking. I really wanted to have one timeless, but do far no luck.

Have I will also look for this aluminium..

wintoid

Out of control
Nice. Does this match the architecture of the Bronze SB one, but in 0.45 gap? Or does it match the 0.95/0.68 architecture? Or is it a totally new design?

I feel strangely intrigued.

Wayne

Forum Sod
Nice. Does this match the architecture of the Bronze SB one, but in 0.45 gap? Or does it match the 0.95/0.68 architecture? Or is it a totally new design?

I feel strangely intrigued.
I haven't had the Bronze SB only the O.C but yes, it looks to be the same profile head as the Bronze. It doesn't have the U shaped head profile of some of the base plates from the range.