Timeless Aluminum razor

N_Architect

Travel, See, Feel, Explore
Is it considered a mild razor like eg the AS-D2?
No.

Its aggressiveness (or mildness, take it as you prefer) is greater than that of the AS-D2.
It is actually somewhere between that of a Timeless 0.68mm ss and a Timeless 0.95mm ss.

Not an intuitive razor, possesses very narrow range for getting the angle correctly.
Also the feedback it provides is one of the less pronounced ones as compared to many other razors out there.

If you get the angle right, it sings wonderfully though (and quite silently).
I also believe it needs a sharp blade to shine, therefore another reason to support it would suit more wet shavers who are in the 'medium aggressive +' territory.

Sig Solo

#WAD
No.

Its aggressiveness (or mildness, take it as you prefer) is greater than that of the AS-D2.
It is actually somewhere between that of a Timeless 0.68mm ss and a Timeless 0.95mm ss.

Not an intuitive razor, possesses very narrow range for getting the angle correctly.
Also the feedback it provides is one of the less pronounced ones as compared to many other razors out there.

If you get the angle right, it sings wonderfully though (and quite silently).
I also believe it needs a sharp blade to shine, therefore another reason to support it would suit more wet shavers who are in the 'medium aggressive +' territory.
OK. Not for me yet...

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Purchased this razor on a whim and just to give Timeless Razors an extra add on sale as I was on their site about 3 weeks ago to purchase their new Crown Ti handle. They’ve always treated me well with my previous purchases from them with excellent customer service and shipping times. I already have their Stainless, Titanium & Brass versions so, I decided to complete the family tree of razors. I’ll keep it short and sweet and won’t go into every detail of make up and quality, just the shaves that I’ve had with it for the 8-10 days.

First things first, I’m not the biggest fan of Aluminum/Lightweight razors though, I do have a couple of them that perform quite well. Truthfully, I was just expecting to have some decent shaves with it and for it to perform equal and no more to the ones that I already own. And honestly, I was completely bamboozled by the Aluminums outright shave prowess and performance. I have put in 7 or 8 shaves with it and they have been nothing short of excellent. Surprisingly good efficiency with some blade feel and much smoother feeling than I ever expected. Shave 1 was really the only one that I had “an issue” and that was just a couple of weepers near the corners of my mouth but, I labeled that just a small learning curve and getting to know the razor. From that shave on every other shave was smooth, efficient and extremely comfortable. No nics, cuts or irritation to speak of with every shave a BBS finish or darn near close for 1 or 2 of them. But, what really got to me was the lightweight of the razor instinctively put me into “I might have to use a bit more pressure” to get the results that I wanted. Couldn’t have been further from the truth. Yes, there was a slight bit of pressure on my end but, nothing more than say I’d have used with a Gillette Twinjector or even my PAA Ascension Aluminum razor. I was surprised at the minimal effort that was needed to get good cutting action from the Timeless Aluminum. It was quite revealing and equally very satisfyina on the shaving end of it.

This is a quality razor that shaves exceptionally well. To me not as smooth as the Timeless SS razor and not close to the Ti which is the best of the bunch for my tastes but, I think it shaved me better than the Bronze .38 SB variant which is not a bad razor either. I don’t think Timeless has a bad razor in their line up and the Aluminum creation definitely has its place in the Timeless collection.

I’m glad I have it and for $50 from their scratch & dent pile, it’s a hell of a bargain.....

482D2824-AC5A-40DD-A228-38A686197AC7.jpeg

5247BF0C-7F35-49DD-B670-880EA599DAD7.jpeg

D225418D-2629-49BE-941B-514F93A4D80F.jpeg

7A0E40A5-2441-41BB-80B9-1A002AAC9752.jpeg

N0ggie

Forum GOD!
Hi Gus,
You say it's from the scratch & dent sales. Can you spot anything on the piece that has branded it as such? I have read a few reviews & it appears they are all perfect.
Maybe they could be returns from customers & there is nothing wrong with them. Great review btw.
Cheers,
Nick

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Hi Gus,
You say it's from the scratch & dent sales. Can you spot anything on the piece that has branded it as such? I have read a few reviews & it appears they are all perfect.
Maybe they could be returns from customers & there is nothing wrong with them. Great review btw.
Cheers,
Nick
Have a look at this thread at B&B: https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/timeless-scratch-dent-aluminum-pics.581941/

Personally given the cost of the aluminium version I think I'd rather pay full price and guarantee getting one in good condition. YMMV of course but one of two of the pictures show dings I wouldn't want to live with.

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Hi Gus,
Cheers,
Nick
Hello Nick,
To be honest, my razor was nearly flawless. Perhaps I was very fortunate in getting the one I received sans a few barely noticeable wear marks from the handle/base plate connection but, when I decided to take the plunge I read up on their full disclosure concerning their scratch & dent items on their website and was totally ok with it and accepted the fact that the item(s) wouldn't be perfect.

If one fusses over the slightest of marks or minut material discrepancies, then I simply will say don't purchase this particular item. I understand that we all have our own criteria on how a product should be received solely on its condition.

However, in this case the manufacturer has given full disclosure on its product and its state of condition. Furthermore, one is purchasing the product at a substantially reduced price from a nearly impeccable and extremely respected shave goods retailer.

In the end, it was my choice and I absolutely have not a single regret in acquiring this quality kit from the "scrap pile". Worth it in my humble opinion.

Cheers Brother... :cheers:

N0ggie

Forum GOD!
Thanks Gus, I was thinking of buying one for my son. I saw recently somewhere I think there is a UK outlet for Timeless now. From what I could save on the 'snd' razor plus their overseas shipping I probably would be able to get new one for a similar price or not much more. :thumbsup: