Time for another MWF thread yet?

Tomhstorey

Forum GOD!
Just got some Haslinger shagmilf (not sure if that's exactly how you spell it?), it's great. The MWF is working just fine too. But that first puck of MWF that I got was pretty horrific.
Is the sheepsmilk just the scent, or does it contain sheeps milk?

Was mightily impressed with the donkey milk formula from WK... and I thought it would just be a bit gimmicky to be honest. Of course it could just be a better formula but it has opened my horizons a little :)

KAV

Donkeymilk is a very old cosmetic and nutritional resource. Cleopatra had daily caravans deliver jugs of it for her bath and it is prescribed for babies.
BG shaving brought in Savonniere du la Moulin and a few other French shaving soaps with it. After the 'assmilk' jokes went away some users with skin issues found it a near miracle product while others found it turned rancid from preblooming with hot water and tossing the unique drainage system. Normally it does have a stable shelf life of a few years but isn't something you can stash for a decade. I liked it, except for the pricepoint.

Irfan

Forum GOD!
Is the sheepsmilk just the scent, or does it contain sheeps milk?

Was mightily impressed with the donkey milk formula from WK... and I thought it would just be a bit gimmicky to be honest. Of course it could just be a better formula but it has opened my horizons a little :)
It smells like soap, nothing too scenty, just a regular kind of neutral smell. I'm pretty sure someone else will have a good knowledge of its ingredients, I've thrown the packaging in the bin.

Irfan

Forum GOD!
If its from ShagMILF, pretty sure its not sheep milk. Might wanna get it tested.:giggle:
I'm not sure if everyone had the good sense to ignore my childish word play or whether they were being incredibly polite and not drawing attention to it. I did mention it a couple of times, even changing the spelling first time round to make it look like a genuine mistake. But I'm gonna keep calling it Haslingers shagmilf whenever anyone wants a decent soap recommending.

Irfan

Forum GOD!
It's definitely inconsistencies in the product.
This morning I shoved my Wilkinson Sword brush up my arse, handle first, and twerked on that soap to the tune of "Pon de floor" by Major Lazer, and still got a decent lather.

Dr Watson

James
I used it today for the first time in ages and it was better than ever :wub:

I read a Planofman post the other day where he advised blooming the puck for 24 hours (yes really) so I gave it a try, result? It lathered just like MdC, literally exploded out of the brush... End of the shave I squeezed out the brush and washed away enough lather for another 3 passes.

Irfan

Forum GOD!
I used it today for the first time in ages and it was better than ever :wub:

I read a Planofman post the other day where he advised blooming the puck for 24 hours (yes really) so I gave it a try, result? It lathered just like MdC, literally exploded out of the brush... End of the shave I squeezed out the brush and washed away enough lather for another 3 passes.
I did that with my first one, and it was bobbins.
I've not done that with my second one and it's fine, not the best soap I use but, it's decent enough.

p.b

Forum GOD!
Is the Kent soap a different scent? I'll be passing a John Lewis tomorrow so I might try a third puck...

KAV

I could fill a journal with all the Black Arts invoked at midnight on a crossroads to lather MWF. I believe if I hold the puck upside down, use bottled water from Islay sold for Scotch and use a brush of virgin hedgehog widdershins while singing a G&S patter song lather would explode like the laundryroom scene in MR ROBERTS.
Or, I could continue with my idiot savant method of using indifferent tap water, picking up a little soap in brush before face lathering and shaving.

YMMV

Forum GOD!
I haven't tried the crossroads trick (yet), but I get good results with plain water and any synthetic brush :)