This may have been addressed before

Xring3

I’ve some really nice 35mm cameras and lenses. Does anyone still take film photos?

I’ve some really nice 35mm cameras and lenses too (Leica SLR, Contax...). I've been out of film for years, and if anyone is interested in sending me a PM, I need to sell them.

ManicDee

Inside a Big Dark Empty
My old man used to be a professional photographer and my box bedroom became his developing room! Thinking back I spent many a happy hour in there with him. A red bulbed tiny room with timers buzzing their alarm, as images appeared out of nothing on with glossy paper.

Xring3

My old man used to be a professional photographer and my box bedroom became his developing room! Thinking back I spent many a happy hour in there with him. A red bulbed tiny room with timers buzzing their alarm, as images appeared out of nothing on with glossy paper.
I worked 33 years in lithograph prepress. Color separation, color camera, darkroom and film assembly. All gone now and an entire area of the printing industry decimated. Computer and internet ended it. Those were good days that are gone forever.

ManicDee

Inside a Big Dark Empty
My dad started out with Pate News in Soho, London as a film editor in the early sixties. When he was there, he and another chap Jim Weedon used to collect and make stock film and sell them to film companies.
Dad, was telling me this and that about those days and I asked him, do you still stay in touch with Jim?
"Oh no, son. Jim, is too famous now!" Who is he? I asked.
He is Ridley Scotts editor :eek:!

But my dad has worked with few well knowns as well. Director John Bormann, Author Frederick Forsyth, Actors Patrick Steward, Daniel Day Lewis and more recently, he was a body double/dead body for Ian McElhinney in the BBC show "Redwater"