The Swedish Witch

jphelan81

Forum GOD!
Seen this on YouTube, was unable to get a reply from the soap maker, is this as good as it's made out to be? Apparently a store is coming so will look to buy then if I can.

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
I think it's fairly elusive! Not that many have used it but those who have, like Cris, think it's amazing.

D

Deleted member 1881

The ingredients are nothing spectacular to me and I wonder how does this even lather...!

jphelan81

Forum GOD!
Well I'd like to try if I can, need to get involved if I can find out when website goes live.

What's your favourite soap randy, vegetal base wise? I've wasted too much lately on soaps I've reacted to.

D

Deleted member 1881

Well I'd like to try if I can, need to get involved if I can find out when website goes live.

What's your favourite soap randy, vegetal base wise? I've wasted too much lately on soaps I've reacted to.
Vegetal base wise, Southern Witchcrafts! And Abbate Y La Mantia.
Avoid heaviy scented soaps, and choose the unscented ones mostly.

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
Of course! 🙂
Having used stuff like Tabac lately, I honestly think most of these artisan ingredients are overhyped as hell. We've reached a point where unless it has goat butter and whey protein in it people won't like it. Cris at ACA isn't always spot on but most of the time he is, and the fact he likes this soap above some of the ones that have 500 ingredients in them speaks volumes. It's not about all the fancy stuff you put in there, it's about the good quality of the few you do put in.

Fozzie Bear

Forum Clod!
Yes I hear a website is due to start up soon stocking this brand. Not much online about it except Cris from down under who rates it highly. The ingredients list does appear minimal and unspectacular but then thats not unlike MDC and people rave about that! (I’ve not tried it yet myself).

D

Deleted member 1881

Almost all US soaps are hype, but most of them are really good, I mean, the post shave is second to none. But you can always have a good moisturizer to correct that.

If I had to buy again my soaps from point zero, I would choose only WK, Declaration, A&E, Southern and probably nothing else.

But I always appreciate the English creams.

Fozzie Bear

Forum Clod!
@TheChrisC big fan of Tabac as well Chris and after having a great shave this morning from two sticks of Palmolive grated into a tin, total cost €2.50.I now find myself asking does the few tubs of expensive US artisan soap you have bought shave you that much better I.e 8 or 9 times better if you compare cost?....ahhh No.

Saying that @RandySp i can’t wait to get that new Siero soap base!!!. Oh what mugs we are...😩

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
@TheChrisC big fan of Tabac as well Chris and after having a great shave this morning from two sticks of Palmolive grated into a tin, total cost €2.50.I now find myself asking does the few tubs of expensive US artisan soap you have bought shave you that much better I.e 8 or 9 times better if you compare cost?....ahhh No.

Saying that @RandySp i can’t wait to get that new Siero soap base!!!. Oh what mugs we are...😩
Oh don't get me wrong, Siero is awesome stuff. Many of these soaps are. I just am at the point where a super special post-shave just isn't what my skin likes anymore.

Plus, I do think looking at an ingredients list tells you nothing about the quality of a soap.

D

Deleted member 1881

Hehe it's not the soap that shave you, it is your technique and your hardware!

Having that said, my only additions this year will be the Milksteak definitely, probably the CK-6 from Douglas Smythe and probably but not surely the Sego.

Im waiting something else too from Sri. He is working on something new and he chose me to be one of his testers to tell him what I believe.

I told him that I will post my real thoughts here in ATG too. I am honest.

pimple8

Forum GOD!
You can get a really good shaving soap with simple ingredients.
Before Swedish witch, there was(and still is i think) a Norwegian soap called Brutalt Bra - by ingredients very simple, think same like Swedish witch.
Great lathering soap, slick soap. I think many european and ''mass'' produced soaps are like that.

It is ''the community'' and ''scene'' in the US what pushes artisans and keeps them on top (maybe not even justified) but that's the trend. Like in everything, we want to be cool, in trend, up to date.

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
Have any of you bought and actually received soaps from Sara as yet? I purchased a selection from her on June 18, checked in a few weeks later to discover she had forgotten to send them. I said no problem and she offered to throw some bits in for me when sending the package.

I dropped her another message July 15 as I wanted to check if she had finally shipped it out and she read it but has never replied to it. She’s a really nice person to deal with, and you always have to account for life stuff etc, but I really should have had something by now right?