The Rant Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paper Plane

Forum GOD!
2 x Car Park rants

1. When I park in a sparsely populated supermarket or similar, I put the car as far away from anyone else as possible, with plenty of space around it. Almost inevitably when I come back to it, there's another vehicle right next to it. For ****'s sake WHY? There will be acres of space, yet some idiot has to leave their car next to mine, with all the mutual risks that involves. I cannot understand the logic.

2. Selfish/arrogant/thoughtless (delete where appropriate) gits who use parent & child parking spaces when they don't have any children with them. In fact, they're usually vans of massive pick up trucks who wouldn't have kids in anyway.

steve (feeling a bit better)

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
2. Selfish/arrogant/thoughtless (delete where appropriate) gits who use parent & child parking spaces when they don't have any children with them. In fact, they're usually vans of massive pick up trucks who wouldn't have kids in anyway.

I'm not defending them but if the normal parking spaces would fit anything bigger than a Fiat 500 AND allow you to open the door, it would be less of a problem.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Bah! This is Cumbria, it's supposed to be cold, wet and windy.

On a more positive note, coming into work this morning it was lovely, 18 is a much happier temperature for me. :)
I must admit, as much as I like sun, this heat we have in this country is just overbearing... Feels a little fresher today.

culcreuch

Forum GOD!
2 x Car Park rants

1. When I park in a sparsely populated supermarket or similar, I put the car as far away from anyone else as possible, with plenty of space around it. Almost inevitably when I come back to it, there's another vehicle right next to it. For ****'s sake WHY? There will be acres of space, yet some idiot has to leave their car next to mine, with all the mutual risks that involves. I cannot understand the logic.

Just an amusing observation regarding parking and the pandemic. I work for the NHS. When Out Patients appointments were originally cancelled the only people visiting the hospital were key workers so there was a lot more space in the car parks..those who had to come in carried over the socially distancing rules to the way they parked their car.. Rows and rows of cars with a parking space between each one. I don't know if it was deliberate or just a subconcious reaction to the situation.

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Just an amusing observation regarding parking and the pandemic. I work for the NHS. When Out Patients appointments were originally cancelled the only people visiting the hospital were key workers so there was a lot more space in the car parks..those who had to come in carried over the socially distancing rules to the way they parked their car.. Rows and rows of cars with a parking space between each one. I don't know if it was deliberate or just a subconcious reaction to the situation.
That's been happening at the hospital I work at too!

Randomangle

Über Bum
I have been watching Lead Balloon on YouTube and really enjoying it. However, I got to series four and I now have to pay for it ... first three series were uploaded by a helpful human being. No way am I paying for it!

May be able to find it in the library but now don't have a DVD player. :facepalm:

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
RANT. - we have had to visit two different hospitals fairly regularly for differing reasons.. All the car parks are currently free so what happens? One is rammed with people parking there to go shopping at nearby market and shops plus NHS staff using it who do / did not normally pay the monthly charge to do so before. The other is rammed with just the staff who did not normally pay to the point that there are no spaces for those wanting to attend as patients. Ridiculous. Big supporter of NHS and wife is key worker but this needs sorting. It was better when you had to pay the ridiculous fees.

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
RANT. - we have had to visit two different hospitals fairly regularly for differing reasons.. All the car parks are currently free so what happens? One is rammed with people parking there to go shopping at nearby market and shops plus NHS staff using it who do / did not normally pay the monthly charge to do so before. The other is rammed with just the staff who did not normally pay to the point that there are no spaces for those wanting to attend as patients. Ridiculous. Big supporter of NHS and wife is key worker but this needs sorting. It was better when you had to pay the ridiculous fees.
At our place (NHS hospital) parking is currently free for staff but they've just suspended taking payments from the permit holders, you still need a permit to park there. Patients and visitors still need to pay and display. Prior to parking charges being enforced the car park was regularly used as a park and ride and by people working at a nearby factory with the result that it was always full, with a sizeable number of vehicles having no business being there.

karlc

Forum GOD!
why cant I find many running gloves without rubber textile on the fingers? Cant people tear themselves away from their smart phone for at least an hour?

Status
Not open for further replies.