The Rant Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TobyC

Patriot
Carbon steel blades... maybe I've been unlucky with them, but they consistently give the worst shaves ever. The Feather FAS-10... tuggiest stuff I remember trying. Didn't even do half of the first pass before I had to stop. Blunt as heck. So much irritation... they have to be ice scrapers or something.
Ouch...
PAL carbon steel SE blades are sharp and smooth, and with minimal care they don't even rust. I agree that the Feather FAS 10's are crap, not sure they would even scrape ice! I'm not a fan of the SS Feather either, the Personna GEM is the best.

RussellR5555

Forum GOD!
Here we go again, Daily Mail having another go at people with tattoos.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...l-shocking-reasons-didn-t-job.html#newcomment

The comments are hilarious. Everything from someone saying in an interview they would never take on anyone with tattoos as they are dishonest and untrustworthy. Comments also like lazy, weirdo, no respect for their bodies, rough, downmarket, halfwit, it goes on and on.

Well they obviously have no idea what they are on about. I’ve never been in any trouble, since leaving school I’ve been late for work three times, none my fault. I’ve had around one month of sick in that time. I’ve worked with young people of all ages from 4-18 and people with mental health, and there’s my scouting volunteer work.

Daily mail for you I suppose ! Just suppose though their doctor has tattoos or say the surgeon saving their life, are they still a bad person. I’m always open and honest in interviews. Twice now, my last and current employer, I’ve made a point of asking them only to get a blank look and a comment of no and why did I ask. Obviously anything racial or in anyway offensive is another matter.
The Daily Mail what a divisive toy of some over privileged people who still want to stir up an agenda of hate and division.

Benz3ne

Forum GOD!
Filled out a change of GP surgery form at the new surgery after moving house about 3 months ago. Assumed everything was being processed. Went to book an appointment today and they have no evidence of any change of address form, nor my details on their system, so I cannot book an appointment with them.
I asked them where the form I filled out with my sensitive information and signature is, to which they had no response other than "we're sorry". Grand.

TobyC

Patriot
Filled out a change of GP surgery form at the new surgery after moving house about 3 months ago. Assumed everything was being processed. Went to book an appointment today and they have no evidence of any change of address form, nor my details on their system, so I cannot book an appointment with them.
I asked them where the form I filled out with my sensitive information and signature is, to which they had no response other than "we're sorry". Grand.
Can't you have the info transferred from your old one?

Do it online. >>>>>> https://www.nhsinform.scot/care-sup...rvices/doctors/registering-with-a-gp-practice

Benz3ne

Forum GOD!
Can't you have the info transferred from your old one?

Do it online. >>>>>> https://www.nhsinform.scot/care-sup...rvices/doctors/registering-with-a-gp-practice
This is useful - not implied by either my old GP surgery or the prospective new one. Fortunately, my better half has been down today and picked me up a(nother) registration form for the new surgery, so I'll drop that in with them tomorrow.

Managed to wangle an appointment at my old surgery so all worked out in the end. It's the disappearance of the registration form I did fill out that was cause for ranting.

Shame I have to post here but today I encountered a spectacular idiot giving cyclists a bad name! A guy riding on the pavement full of small children and old folks rides into me and then tells me to F**K off!!! :cursing::facepalm::facepalm:
The irony was that he was wearing a helmet while casual "clipping" unsuspecting pedestrians! Some poor old lady was nearly knocked into the road by his handle bars..
Rant over..

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Sounds familiar, dealing with Doctors surgeries is becoming more comical by the day.

R181

Grumpy old man
Managed to wangle an appointment at my old surgery so all worked out in the end. It's the disappearance of the registration form I did fill out that was cause for ranting.
Might be a good idea to have a law that surgeries you turn over any forms containing sensitive personal information to have to give you a receipt saying they are in possession of it. If they loose it they get a stiff fine.

Bob

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Might be a good idea to have a law that surgeries you turn over any forms containing sensitive personal information to have to give you a receipt saying they are in possession of it. If they loose it they get a stiff fine.

Bob
It's likely you can sue them for a breach of GDPR, just hassle and costly.

R181

Grumpy old man
It's likely you can sue them for a breach of GDPR, just hassle and costly.
Where is your proof? If they had to supply a receipt it would be cut and dried you'd think. Suing is not much of an option for most and the other side knows it.

Bob

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Where is your proof? If they had to supply a receipt it would be cut and dried you'd think. Suing is not much of an option for most and the other side knows it.

Bob
Most surgeries in the UK are subject to data protection, GDPR rules. This would certainly have to be included for a new patient or patient registration purpose. The Information Governor is the individual you as the patient would complain to regarding loss of data. The IG would then approach the surgery. Here is where it becomes interesting. If the surgery turn around and say the information was shredded for example they haven't breached GDPR rules as far as I understand. It would be if the surgery admit to losing your information that measures would be taken.

Within our Pharmacy we have many many measures to secure patient data.

R181

Grumpy old man
Most surgeries in the UK are subject to data protection, GDPR rules. This would certainly have to be included for a new patient or patient registration purpose. The Information Governor is the individual you as the patient would complain to regarding loss of data. The IG would then approach the surgery. Here is where it becomes interesting. If the surgery turn around and say the information was shredded for example they haven't breached GDPR rules as far as I understand. It would be if the surgery admit to losing your information that measures would be taken.
Like most regulations there is an easy out in they shredded it which is difficult to disprove for obvious reasons. It's not likely anyone would admit to losing them either. I'd take scant comfort in that. Not that things are any better over here in that regard either. Today it is virtually impossible to secure your personal data.

Bob

Paper Plane

Forum GOD!
I’m sick to death of the endless plastic tat being aimed at children in TV advertising and online. All these stupid little dolls and pseudo animals. It all ends up as either landfill (mostly) or if you’re lucky, recycled. A total waste of natural resources. Most of the programmes on commercial TV are just excuses to sell spin-off toys, adding to the problem.

All it does is turn the children into obsessive consumers wanting more and more junk.

That’s my rant of the day.

steve

Status
Not open for further replies.