The Rant Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Fizzy drink bottles. Why the hell can't they put a flat on the base so the wretched things will stand up without being on a perfectly flat surface? Drives me
scranny. :cursing:

steve
Because it's a pressure container made from flexible plastic which means that it's going to try as hard as it can to turn into a sphere. The only way to give it a flat bottom would be to use either glass or much thicker plastic which apart from anything else would make it more expensive and use more resources.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Which is your side Lee?
Pics:

Paper Plane

Forum GOD!
Because it's a pressure container made from flexible plastic which means that it's going to try as hard as it can to turn into a sphere. The only way to give it a flat bottom would be to use either glass or much thicker plastic which apart from anything else would make it more expensive and use more resources.
Couldn't they just add a separate baseplate?

steve

slapo

It's... alive!
Been trying all day to remember the name of the razor which takes half a DE blade (not leaf) I think it is Rocnell? Came out a few years back. Heavy head standard handle.
They made two, SE-P and SE-P OC.
I think they had been considering making a newer, lighter version of the SE-P... I with they had, because it's a lovely shaver and when I'd thought to buy a second one, it wasn't in stock anywhere. The SE-P OC has more blade feel, but it's not too aggressive to me. As efficient as an R41, though.

Last edited:

Vacumatic

Testy
Terrible service from banks and credit card companies who are blaming Covid for the poor service,

My bank has closed the two branches closest to me, not helped by the customer services phone service takes an hour to answer the call and even then gives out bad advice.

Credit card company also takes an hour to answer the call and then tells me that they have no means of looking at the details of my account. When you ask a question via on line messaging they take three days to answer and then give you an answer to a question that you haven't asked.

And don't get me started on interest rates for savers, 0.1% and they are even talking about negative interest rates, I pay them so that they can invest my money for their benefit, and this is just 12 years after the taxpayer bailed out the banks.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Terrible service from banks and credit card companies who are blaming Covid for the poor service,

My bank has closed the two branches closest to me, not helped by the customer services phone service takes an hour to answer the call and even then gives out bad advice.

Credit card company also takes an hour to answer the call and then tells me that they have no means of looking at the details of my account. When you ask a question via on line messaging they take three days to answer and then give you an answer to a question that you haven't asked.

And don't get me started on interest rates for savers, 0.1% and they are even talking about negative interest rates, I pay them so that they can invest my money for their benefit, and this is just 12 years after the taxpayer bailed out the banks.
There is talk of free banking in the UK ending too!

dadant

Forum GOD!
I think we all agree that razor aggression isn't based on one head characteristic only and is normally a combination of blade gap, exposure and head geometry. If you really want to get into the minutiae though you better define what you think a large blade gap is because 1mm or around that isn't particularly large to me and that Rocnel looks to be 2mm or more lens distortion considering. If you also introduce the OC then that's another dimension of aggression that isn't blade gap specific except it is if you think about it as half the blade width has technically a larger blade gap than the other half sometimes by a very large factor depending on the OC design.

Last edited:

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
I think we all agree that razor aggression isn't based on one head characteristic only and is normally a combination of blade gap, exposure and head geometry.
This. Blade gap is only meaningful when comparing two razors where all other aspects of the geometry are identical.

Status
Not open for further replies.