The brush you'd like to have, but don't

MattM97

Forum GOD!
Paladin 2CSLD4 wtih a Chief or Falstaff handle in Graphite or Moonjava respectively.
Declaration B1 in and handle really
Declaration B2 in a Titanium Carnavis & Richardson Handle

Someone must have these lying around not in use haha.

I had a Paladin with a 2CSLD4 knot and wasn't a fan of the handle. It was a bitch to sell for some reason but finally traded it for something nice. But right after I traded it I've seen people looking for that knot code. Funny how things like that work.

Mikey J

Forum HOG!
I can’t, if they were reasonably priced/ available I could.
Consensus is that they weren’t great knots before all the hype built up which is all due to being unobtainium
Ahhh, I thought you might’ve had one haha. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if that were true though.

MattM97

Forum GOD!
Wiborg really varies depending on the knot batch. I had 2 of them one is great which I still have and the other was good but for the price not as good as some other brushes I had so I sold it.

They're still really good brushes but at $400-700 depending on handle, knot hair, color, logo style you can get one or multiple of the following which are all as good or better than the Wiborg knots:
  • Declaration Grooming - $185 to $300 (depends on batch and handle color)
  • Simpson Manchurian - $225 to $350
  • Simpson 2-Band SiLVERTiP - $200 to $300
  • Simpson "Grey Box" Era - $250 to $400
  • M&F/Rooney Heritage Hair - $200 to $450
  • Morris and Forndran (Pre-Sears or Sears collab) - $150 to $400
  • Shavemac (Unique 2-band closest to Wiborg White) - $150+ (depends on your options, contact Bernd)
  • The Varlet/Everset - $185 to $400

So there you go at least 8 high end options comparable or better than Wiborg for much less or even multiple for less than a single Wiborg. Best chance to get a raffle if you don't want to dish out that much? Get into a raffle, pay $10 at a chance to get one if/when they come up but they go fast.

Also my prices might be off but that's the general range for them that I've come across on several pages. Some are less and some are even more than what I listed.

Rocky75

Forum GOD!
Vendor
Wiborg really varies depending on the knot batch. I had 2 of them one is great which I still have and the other was good but for the price not as good as some other brushes I had so I sold it.

They're still really good brushes but at $400-700 depending on handle, knot hair, color, logo style you can get one or multiple of the following which are all as good or better than the Wiborg knots:
  • Declaration Grooming - $185 to $300 (depends on batch and handle color)
  • Simpson Manchurian - $225 to $350
  • Simpson 2-Band SiLVERTiP - $200 to $300
  • Simpson "Grey Box" Era - $250 to $400
  • M&F/Rooney Heritage Hair - $200 to $450
  • Morris and Forndran (Pre-Sears or Sears collab) - $150 to $400
  • Shavemac (Unique 2-band closest to Wiborg White) - $150+ (depends on your options, contact Bernd)
  • The Varlet/Everset - $185 to $400

So there you go at least 8 high end options comparable or better than Wiborg for much less or even multiple for less than a single Wiborg. Best chance to get a raffle if you don't want to dish out that much? Get into a raffle, pay $10 at a chance to get one if/when they come up but they go fast.

Also my prices might be off but that's the general range for them that I've come across on several pages. Some are less and some are even more than what I listed.
Agree with you!!! Thank you!!

ESBrushmaker

Forum GOD!
Artisan
One of the larger Simpsons (Polo, Emperor...) with an aged Catalin handle. There's something almost hypnotic about those old brushes.