The Beard Thread - All Things Beards

• Thread starter Deleted member 2936
  • Start date

Steve

Boomer Member
yea youre right in a sense

i'll tell you whats really helped me and been a game changer,
its beard butter, which i made myself with oils of my choice then mixed with shea butter,
this stuff is brilliant i swear proper moisturizers your hair and skin
You and @Nishy probably have beards that glisten with beard oil. Forty years ago mine might have benefited from such nourishment. Now, my beard would no longer be red, just grey. I think I'll keep shaving. :happy:

D

Deleted member 2936

You and @Nishy probably have beards that glisten with beard oil. Forty years ago mine might have benefited from such nourishment. Now, my beard would no longer be red, just grey. I think I'll keep shaving. :happy:
lol

i want to grow a massive beard, got such an urge honestly like gandalf from lord of the rings lol 😂

D

Deleted member 2936

I have a goatee with no routine, it gets trimmed to keep it neat, washed when my face is washed and that’s it. I did try to grow it long a couple of times but it just went bushy and it looked like I was eating a hedgehog.
yea its probably at that in between stage, hate that stage tbh

i have a weird relationship with shaving, hate facial shaving but love shaving my head for some strange reason

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
I tried growing a beard back in the1970s, but no luck: couldn’t stand the feel and it looked awfully moth-eaten. I also tried to grow a moustache, but to no avail. I’ve fair skin and light brown to blonde hair, but my facial hair is red, and like the hair on my head it’s very fine. For the past 50 years I’ve been clean shaven. I love my morning shave: it leaves me feeling clean, refreshed and invigorated. Incidentally, I keep the hair on my head short, short and during COVID my wife has buzzed cut it with #3 and I love it. During the hippy-era along with the efforts at growing a beard and moustache, I tried growing my hair long, but that didn’t last either. BTW, below the neck I’m as God made me: no tats and hairy.

D

Deleted member 2936

I tried growing a beard back in the1970s, but no luck: couldn’t stand the feel and it looked awfully moth-eaten. I also tried to grow a moustache, but to no avail. I’ve fair skin and light brown to blonde hair, but my facial hair is red, and like the hair on my head it’s very fine. For the past 50 years I’ve been clean shaven. I love my morning shave: it leaves me feeling clean, refreshed and invigorated. Incidentally, I keep the hair on my head short, short and during COVID my wife has buzzed cut it with #3 and I love it. During the hippy-era along with the efforts at growing a beard and moustache, I tried growing my hair long, but that didn’t last either. BTW, below the neck I’m as God made me: no tats and hairy.
growing a beard actually requires a lot of patience and you have to get through the itchy and in between stage where you cant do anything with it

takes time but well worth it imo

Steve

Boomer Member
Men with beards have always been seen as more positive. In the end, it's women who decide if men are going to wear beards or not. In the 70s you couldn't get laid if you didn't have a beard, were taller than Dudley Moore, or had muscles. Oops, sounds political. :hyper:

D

Deleted member 2936

For all you bearded brothers you thought I'd give you a heads up, Lidl UK got these brush hair straighteners for £9.99 including 3 year warranty

I got my mrs one few years ago for £15 and I use it on my beard here and there, years up fairly quickly and works really good on the beard 👍😇

Ohh yea they also had a Phillips one for £15 but forgot to take a picture and not sure if it comes with warranty but if you're going to pop into your local Lidl you could always check them both out 💯🤷😉

IMG_20201224_115437__01.jpg

Wayne

Forum Sod
For all you bearded brothers you thought I'd give you a heads up, Lidl UK got these brush hair straighteners for £9.99 including 3 year warranty

I got my mrs one few years ago for £15 and I use it on my beard here and there, years up fairly quickly and works really good on the beard 👍😇

Ohh yea they also had a Phillips one for £15 but forgot to take a picture and not sure if it comes with warranty but if you're going to pop into your local Lidl you could always check them both out 💯🤷😉

View attachment 82507
Your missus has a beard???