The Beard Thread - All Things Beards

• Thread starter Deleted member 2936
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2936

hey peeps so i thought we should have a thread dedicated to all things about beards

so i want to ask, what products do you use for your beards? beard oils, beard balms, beard butters

which type of combs do you use?

whats your beard routine?

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I use a beard comb and that's it. Tried the balms ranging from American crew to Hemp based balms. Just makes my skin oily so not for me. A splash of aftershave and I'm done.

Line my beard up with a DE, straight or Kamisori depending on my mood and keep length trimmed with an electric razor.

Bigen for men to dye my beard.

D

Deleted member 2936

I use a beard comb and that's it. Tried the balms ranging from American crew to Hemp based balms. Just makes my skin oily so not for me. A splash of aftershave and I'm done.

Line my beard up with a DE, straight or Kamisori depending on my mood and keep length trimmed with an electric razor.

Bigen for men to dye my beard.
what type of beard comb? wooden, carbone fibre, stainless steel, plastic etc
better to avoid plastic as it create static, so anti static are the way forward imo

do you use beard oils?

i made my own beard oil using the following olive oil, argan oil, coconut oil, almond oil, cactus oil, garlic oil, amla oil, poppy seed oil, castor oil, jamaican black castor oil and black seed oil, the essential oils i used were lavender oil, tea tree oil, cedarwood oil and finally peppermint oil

image_85309.jpg

yea i use either eyebrow razor, kamisori or cut throat razor for the beard line too

have you tired making your own beard balm? so you can ensure its not that oily

ive never used bigen dye, is it any good?

D

Deleted member 2936

A 'beard thread' on a shaving forum. God, where did it all go wrong?
us humans are complicated my friend @Steve lol 😂

suppose i have a funny relationship with shaving, ever since i started shaving i've always hated shaving my facial hair,
but whenit comes to my head, i love shaving it and the feeling it gives me, bit surreal i suppose

Steve

Boomer Member
I just read on your 'nature's toothbrush' thread that you're a Muslim. Now I understand this thread. I had to shave my beard off because my wife complained that I was looking like Abraham. As if she had a picture!

D

Deleted member 2936

I just read on your 'nature's toothbrush' thread that you're a Muslim. Now I understand this thread. I had to shave my beard off because my wife complained that I was looking like Abraham. As if she had a picture!
yea the miswak is cool mate but like i said in that thread if i wasnt a muslim i dont think i wouldve heard of it tbh

take it as she doesnt like the beard then?

tbh im blessed in the sense where my mrs loves the beard and if i trim it down a lot she screws about it lol

thing is though beards actually take a lot of maintenance i mean some peeps think that having a beard equates to no sort of maintenance is required

tbh us muslims believe that every Prophet from Adam to Abraham, Noah, Moses, Jesus, Muhammad etc (may peace be upon them all) had beards,
so its quite a strong emphasis on on us males keeping a beard in islam

Steve

Boomer Member
I am from Texas. I've been in Blighty for almost 20 years. No one goes to a barber for a shave in the States, or at least they didn't when I was living there.

D

Deleted member 2936

I am from Texas. I've been in Blighty for almost 20 years. No one goes to a barber for a shave in the States, or at least they didn't when I was living there.
That's new to me I thought peeps worldwide who never knew how to shave just went to their local barbers and got their facial hair done at the same time as their haircut

I suppose you learn something everyday 😉

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Wooden beard comb by 'the stag' from memory, it has a fine tooth and wide tooth either side. Yep done the oils, balm etc
We have a Pharmacy so I have access to all things skincare etc.
I'm just of the opinion that less is more.

D

Deleted member 2936

Wooden beard comb by 'the stag' from memory, it has a fine tooth and wide tooth either side. Yep done the oils, balm etc
We have a Pharmacy so I have access to all things skincare etc.
I'm just of the opinion that less is more.
yea youre right in a sense

i'll tell you whats really helped me and been a game changer,
its beard butter, which i made myself with oils of my choice then mixed with shea butter,
this stuff is brilliant i swear proper moisturizers your hair and skin