Suggestion For A New Razor?

N_Architect

Travel, See, Feel, Explore
The Timeless Ti with the 0.95mm scalloped solid bar plate is one option (brushed finish) although it may be just a bit more aggressive than he would ideally desire.

The Pils is most certainly another option, but the Pils as we all know is a hit and miss - you either love it or continue to remain indifferent towards it.

The ATT Windsor SSR1 is impeccable in finish and like a really sweet shaving Merkur HD, but I am not convinced this can be the one which will spice up the mix of razors Sean already possesses.

The Rocca is out of the question because it will probably be too aggressive for him. Same applies for any Blackland DE.

The Rockwell 6S is a sensible choice provided he does not find the head visually unappealing. Plate #4 would be his choice here, I can assume.

iKon no, Fatip no at this stage at least. My opinion, anyway, and it is mostly because both do not offer something radically different.

The latest ('O') Rex could be an interesting option as well. Cons here reportedly include sub-standard customer service (from RE, not from Connaught) once there is a serious issue with the razor.

A Feather AS-D2 will surprise him with its efficiency and effectiveness, but he may have already tried that as well. Also not sure how the array of vintage blades he stocks will work on the Feather DE.

Talking vintage, I am sure he must have tried a number of great Gillettes before concluding to a #22. A Sheraton would be an option to try, and although it is an OC it has character which provides for very smooth shaves.

SeanC

Forum GOD!
The Timeless Ti with the 0.95mm scalloped solid bar plate is one option (brushed finish) although it may be just a bit more aggressive than he would ideally desire.

The Pils is most certainly another option, but the Pils as we all know is a hit and miss - you either love it or continue to remain indifferent towards it.

The ATT Windsor SSR1 is impeccable in finish and like a really sweet shaving Merkur HD, but I am not convinced this can be the one which will spice up the mix of razors Sean already possesses.

The Rocca is out of the question because it will probably be too aggressive for him. Same applies for any Blackland DE.

The Rockwell 6S is a sensible choice provided he does not find the head visually unappealing. Plate #4 would be his choice here, I can assume.

iKon no, Fatip no at this stage at least. My opinion, anyway, and it is mostly because both do not offer something radically different.

The latest ('O') Rex could be an interesting option as well. Cons here reportedly include sub-standard customer service (from RE, not from Connaught) once there is a serious issue with the razor.

A Feather AS-D2 will surprise him with its efficiency and effectiveness, but he may have already tried that as well. Also not sure how the array of vintage blades he stocks will work on the Feather DE.

Talking vintage, I am sure he must have tried a number of great Gillettes before concluding to a #22. A Sheraton would be an option to try, and although it is an OC it has character which provides for very smooth shaves.
Thanks for the really insightful reply Konstantinos. To elaborate a little:

Rocca - Had one - too aggressive

6S - Got one already - jury is still out

Vintage - As you successfully alluded, I have tried over 20 - settled on #22 and Fatboy

AS-D2 - Possibly too mild and I don't get on with Feather blades

Pils - Couldn't have put it better myself. Seems to be a binary it works or it doesn't

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
AS-D2 - Possibly too mild and I don't get on with Feather blades

Pils - Couldn't have put it better myself. Seems to be a binary it works or it doesn't
AS-D2 - Shaves very much like a Tech. I love mine, but then I'm also a fan of the Tech. I don't use Feather blades in it though as I don't get on with them either.

Pils - Truly excellent but there is a bit of a learning curve as it requires a slightly different angle. One to persevere with to get the best out of it.

N_Architect

Travel, See, Feel, Explore
^^ Yes I missed including 3one6 in my suggestions.
I suppose however many of us will get to try that new EJ razor in the months (or years) to come, anyway.