Stream to the Hi-Fi

p.b

Forum GOD!
A couple of years ago I bought my daughter a QED bluetooth streamer so that she could link her iPad to her hi-fi and play YouTube or Spotify over the 'speakers. It cost about £30 but it's very quiet (which is actually a blessing when one has over-heard to soundtrack to Wicked or The Greatest Showman 30 or 40 times).

However, I'd now like one for my hi-fi but I want a decent volume from it without spending too much (no more than £75 - if I were going for quality I'd be going all-out for a Naim). Any recommendations please? Cheers, Paul.

Wayne

Forum Sod
A couple of years ago I bought my daughter a QED bluetooth streamer so that she could link her iPad to her hi-fi and play YouTube or Spotify over the 'speakers. It cost about £30 but it's very quiet (which is actually a blessing when one has over-heard to soundtrack to Wicked or The Greatest Showman 30 or 40 times).

However, I'd now like one for my hi-fi but I want a decent volume from it without spending too much (no more than £75 - if I were going for quality I'd be going all-out for a Naim). Any recommendations please? Cheers, Paul.
I am stuck in the 90's Naim wise and have no idea what a streamer is but my Naim amps have been used daily since I bought them around 1990. If Naim do make one and you can afford it I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Eeyore

Forum GOD!
I am stuck in the 90's Naim wise and have no idea what a streamer is but my Naim amps have been used daily since I bought them around 1990. If Naim do make one and you can afford it I cannot recommend them highly enough.
Yes, they make several ... I guess you can buy 100 Chromecasts for a single Naim streamer :wink:

Unless you have very good input materials, I do not think that streamers demand a real premium. At least not for my ears (which are shot anyway after years of playing in bigbands and loud orchestras :meh:).

p.b

Forum GOD!
I would if I could but I can't! For serious listening I'll continue with my Naim CD player.

Wayne

Forum Sod
I would if I could but I can't! For serious listening I'll continue with my Naim CD player.
I haven't used my Naim CD 3.5 for around 6 years but it's still plugged in and on. Just in case I fancy a little bit of Classical.

Reactions: p.b

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I use a Chromecast connected to my TV which in turn is connected to speakers and woofer. So I can connect anything to the Chromecast; phone, laptop etc and play off the home audio system. No need to register with Spotify.

Reactions: p.b