Stirling Razor

Rasatura Bagnata

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•
Rod had wanted a "Made in America" DE. The situation turned out differently. However, the specs appear to be high. I would simply have the laser etching area etched over to remove or hide the "Made in America" and sell the razors clearly listing what he has on his Facebook posting on his website product listing. Why discard 300 perfectly fine razors? Countless websites selling the virtues of wetshaving always banter about how it saves the environment. To discard these razors is even more wasteful. China, along with many other countries, make excellent products that meet or surpass required or high standards.

Last edited:

Zhang Doe

Forum GOD!
Unbelievable. Aren't the machine shop liable for this rather than Stirling?
Depends what the contract says. If the contract allows for outsourcing of elements of the job, then he has no recourse. Good luck to him. No idea what he told the machine shop, but he has been clear with his intentions publicly about producing a Made in the USA razor.

snackgoblin

Über Member
Very disappointing news, can only imagine Rod must be devastated. Does not look like a razor I would personally purchase, but, it would be a real waste, to simply discard these 300 razors...I agree with the suggestion above, why not "buff out" the "Made in America" and sell the razors with full disclosure as to their origins? Perhaps even at a "factory second" price, if that would help ease Rod's conscience...but I cannot see the sense in sending 300 finished razors to the bin...

All best to SSC going forward

Zhang Doe

Forum GOD!
I agree with the suggestion above, why not "buff out" the "Made in America" and sell the razors with full disclosure as to their origins? Perhaps even at a "factory second" price, if that would help ease Rod's conscience...but I cannot see the sense in sending 300 finished razors to the bin...
I suspect there is a risk that would then be 300 people who would not buy the real Made in USA version.

LewisW

From a business standpoint it does make sense to hold off till they are exactly how you want them to go to the customer. Stirling has created a great name for themselves and I’m sure they don’t want to put it at risk. I know I for one am getting one when they are available.

Sami

Forum GOD!
This shows the kind of professional attitude and integrity at stirling much respect sir

D

Deleted member 1881

Very interesting. The head looks a bit chunky for me but that'll suit those who like a bit of weight behind the razor. Being Stirling is should be very good value for money too.
Is it my idea or the head looks like a Timeless?