Stirling Razor

Wayne

Forum Sod
Hopefully a return to form...
Doubt it. There was a lot to admire about Chris. He gave away anything given to him which was awesome of him, the guys from the frag community on YT don't so it, they keep it all for themselves. He spent his own money too which again was nice to see. he introduced me to lots of cool shaving gear and he was an enthusiast a genuine enthusiast.
He then was hit by a bolt from above and turned his back on SS razors, Badger brushes and expensive Soaps and took up the batton for cheap gear. There is nothing worse than an Ex something, be it Smoker, Drinker, Drug user, or whatever. I can't do with evangelists. He had his fun, spending money, chasing the latest greatest and now he wants to stop everyone else's fun by warning everyone they do not need anything more then one brush, one blade, one plastic razor and a tub of Macca Root. Get's right on my Tit's these days.

Missoni

Fellow Traveller
Doubt it. There was a lot to admire about Chris. He gave away anything given to him which was awesome of him, the guys from the frag community on YT don't so it, they keep it all for themselves. He spent his own money too which again was nice to see. he introduced me to lots of cool shaving gear and he was an enthusiast a genuine enthusiast.
He then was hit by a bolt from above and turned his back on SS razors, Badger brushes and expensive Soaps and took up the batton for cheap gear. There is nothing worse than an Ex something, be it Smoker, Drinker, Drug user, or whatever. I can't do with evangelists. He had his fun, spending money, chasing the latest greatest and now he wants to stop everyone else's fun by warning everyone they do not need anything more then one brush, one blade, one plastic razor and a tub of Macca Root. Get's right on my Tit's these days.
I'm not an advocate for Chris but he does mainly use the carts on his head; I always thought he was perhaps a bit OTT on patriotism, right-wing politics and of course guns (don't so many of our cousins across the pond just love their guns and the lexicon of guns!!!) and mainly promoting US artisans. Yes he loves his Macca Root and Harry's carts (never tried them) but he still uses plenty of razors and soaps and also reviews plenty of new razors. I guess he just does not see the appeal of the high-end market and I agree with him it represents poor value for money and offers little in the way of an improved shave...it does not though stop me and I suspect you from indulging from time to time. He's changed, I suspect so will we and he's only ventriloquising those that have been in this game for a long-time. I agree though EX-somethings can be preachy...

Last edited:

shaveSymptomatic

Might be a good shaver..but not a fan of the handle.
I have enough razors to last me but if my impulse control falters..I could be up for another razor..unlikely it will be this one, though.
Not to knock Stirling, I really like their soaps..great value and performance !
That handle is a deal breaker for me, but Rod said they were making several handle shapes :)