Sports bag for water sports

p.b

Forum GOD!
I need a sports bag for my kayaking kit. It's not for equipment just dry clothes / wet clothes including wetsuit boots, plus towels and a drink bottle. The clothing can be quite bulky (buoyancy aid etc) and the clothing is generally wet at the end of the session either through sweat, splashes or I've fallen in so I need a fairly large bag (probably around 80L) that can keep the wet and dry clothing separate.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
When I was MTB’ing rather a lot I had a bag/rucksack type thing that folded over at the top and was specifically for wet gear.
I then put that into a sports bag with the rest of my gear.
Can’t think of the make or what happened to it.
Popping out now but will research when back in

Reactions: p.b

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
I need a sports bag for my kayaking kit. It's not for equipment just dry clothes / wet clothes including wetsuit boots, plus towels and a drink bottle. The clothing can be quite bulky (buoyancy aid etc) and the clothing is generally wet at the end of the session either through sweat, splashes or I've fallen in so I need a fairly large bag (probably around 80L) that can keep the wet and dry clothing separate.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?
I've had my Bill's Bag since the mid '80's we use it for white paddling the raft for food and dry clothes. It has yet to leak.
Waterproof Dry Bags | NRS

p.b

Forum GOD!
I think I may have sown some confusion. I don’t need a bag to take with me on the kayak, just one to take between home and the clubhouse. Sorry about that.

halvor

a most elusive fish
You could look at dry sacks. They are generally meant for the opposite use, protecting contents from getting wet, but imagine they should work for protecting what is stuffed alongside it in a bigger bag as well from the wet contents of the dry sack. Sea to summit, for instance, offer sacks up to 35 litres, which go for £15-30 over here, depending on ruggedness/lightweight. Suppose it would be even less in the UK, and also cheaper for smaller ones obviously.

Edit: here’s one https://www.alloutdoor.co.uk/bags-p...ummit-ultra-sil-dry-sack-orange-35-litre-.htm

(A less environmentally but more wallet friendly option would be regular bin bags.)

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
I think I may have sown some confusion. I don’t need a bag to take with me on the kayak, just one to take between home and the clubhouse. Sorry about that.
I got what you meant mate, it’s what I used to use to separate the wet cycling gear from other stuff. Dry bags is the general term.
Like these
915C9A42-1F09-494C-B014-38AAD30E07DE.jpeg
5D4FED3F-3081-44CE-980C-1542AB4F934A.jpeg

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
bag.png

I was trying to funny, but it may not have been obvious. What I use to transport and store water sport equipment are large mesh bags. The type used for soccer balls and playground balls.

Last edited:

halvor

a most elusive fish
To clarify, the dry sacks are meant to go inside another bag, which was what I read into “keep the wet and dry separate” in your 1st post. Sorry if that missed the mark. The dry bag is rugged enough to work on its own. And can also be had with shoulder straps like any other backpack. Most important is that you get out and do your kayaking, whether sea sack or bag or man purse or plastic bag or a butler carrying your wet stuff! Got to be awfully cold to fall in now, though? Or are you in dry suit and whatnot?

p.b

Forum GOD!
Ah - now I get it. Thank you - putting a wet sack into a normal bag is a much better idea than having a bag with two separate compartments.

p.b

Forum GOD!
which was what I read into “keep the wet and dry separate” in your 1st post. Sorry if that missed the mark.
No - you got it spot on Halvor.
Got to be awfully cold to fall in now, though? Or are you in dry suit and whatnot?
Since Father Christmas got me a water-proof kayaking top I've been wearing that. Prior to that it's just been normal sports gear and it is effing cold when I fall in (4 times in 10 lessons) so I try really hard not to :laugh:

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Check out Alpkit, I have a few bits over the years and the Drybag i used to have was superb, not even sure where it is!?