SOTD Saturday 30th June - Friday 6th July 2018

halvor

a most elusive fish

This is a week for firsts. Today, not only this specific Kathmandu soap, but TFS as such. Slicker and a richer texture than yesterday’s TOBS cream. Not quite up at the podium but well within requirements on all counts. I figured it hard enough for loading straight from the pot. But where’s the scent?? From the description and notes I figured this was a Black Afghano thing, but all I get is a bleak incense, clove and some other spice. Where’s the promised hashish goddammit!? Oh well, I had a good shave anyway. About time I throw a poor performance soap at this razor to see just how harmless it is.

TFS Kathmandu, Wolf Whiskers Pi Day / Elite Manchurian, Mühle Rocca, Wizamet (3 — and out?), Kanebo Valcan AS.

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
06 July 2018

Preshave: Hot water rinse + bloom water
Razor: Pal Injecto-Matic
Blade: Chinese Schick (17)
Brush: Plisson Pure Badger
Shave Soap: Saponificio Varesino TSN LE Flying Mango
Aftershave Balm: Rock Face Shaving Butter
Aftershave: Issey Miyake L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme EdT

Our daughter's wedding today, so brought out one of the SV soaps I reserve for special occasions. The combo has been working so well lately i thought, "why not"? It duly delivered so, rounded off with Issey Miyake EdT, I'm near-as-dammit BBS and set for a glorious day.

A low key Registry Office function this morning to get the licence, with both sets of parents and our son, followed by a light lunch. The big family and friends bash will be tomorrow, a celebration service with full blown reception afterwards until late evening/early morning.

Enjoy your shaves, lads.

Regards,
Chris
Hi Chris,
Hope the big day(s) go well for your Daughter and your family.

Having read your posts over the last year or so I know life's had it's ups and downs and been rough at times. Days like to day are what makes life worth living. Enjoy!

All the best
Rob

Last edited:

Robyflexx

Forum GOD!
06 July 2018

Preshave: Hot water rinse + bloom water
Razor: Pal Injecto-Matic
Blade: Chinese Schick (17)
Brush: Plisson Pure Badger
Shave Soap: Saponificio Varesino TSN LE Flying Mango
Aftershave Balm: Rock Face Shaving Butter
Aftershave: Issey Miyake L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme EdT

Our daughter's wedding today, so brought out one of the SV soaps I reserve for special occasions. The combo has been working so well lately i thought, "why not"? It duly delivered so, rounded off with Issey Miyake EdT, I'm near-as-dammit BBS and set for a glorious day.

A low key Registry Office function this morning to get the licence, with both sets of parents and our son, followed by a light lunch. The big family and friends bash will be tomorrow, a celebration service with full blown reception afterwards until late evening/early morning.

Enjoy your shaves, lads.

Regards,
Chris
Congratulations to the wedding party and to you the parents. Enjoy the festivities Chris! :bravo:

mr. smith

Forum GOD!
Hi Josh,
Good to read you had an

Hi Chris,
Hope the big day(s) go well for your Daughter and your family.

Having read your posts over the last year or so I know life's had it's ups and downs and been rough at times. Days like to day are what makes life worth living. Enjoy!

All the best
Rob
Thank you, Rob, I'm hoping that I'm not the only one to have had a good experience with Gustavo. I have read the horror stories but wanted to give him a chance to prove them wrong. I plan on making another purchase through his website and will continue to do so until things change. I found this brush (100 Euros) to be just as good, if not better, than brushes that cost more than twice as much. Cheers!!

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
Thank you, Rob, I'm hoping that I'm not the only one to have had a good experience with Gustavo. I have read the horror stories but wanted to give him a chance to prove them wrong. I plan on making another purchase through his website and will continue to do so until things change. I found this brush (100 Euros) to be just as good, if not better, than brushes that cost more than twice as much. Cheers!!
Sorry Josh,
Not sure what happened to my message?

Yes very pleased to hear of your good experience with Gustavo. Shame he isn’t consistent with all of his customers.

I read with interest your compassions between the Romera, Elite and Declaration knots. I’ll hoping to buy a Declaration brush next.

Cheers
Rob

Dr Watson

James

Myrsol Don Miguel 1919 ~ Semogue Owners Club ~ BIC 1 ~ Myrsol Emulsion

Some may chuckle at using the old BIC disposables but I find them unbeatable when I want a fast, hassle free shave. Massive thanks to @Acer89 for the Don Miguel, you are a gent :) It's a really strong jasmine scent with a hint of citrus up front... Very enjoyable, whipped up a fantastic lather too which is more than can be said for their Formula K croap I have... Same ingredients so goodness knows what's going on there.

mr. smith

Forum GOD!
Sorry Josh,
Not sure what happened to my message?

Yes very pleased to hear of your good experience with Gustavo. Shame he isn’t consistent with all of his customers.

I read with interest your compassions between the Romera, Elite and Declaration knots. I’ll hoping to buy a Declaration brush next.

Cheers
Rob
I agree, Rob, in fact I referenced some of the negative posts I had heard about his business practices and he assured me that it was only a handful out of thousands of orders. I was chatting with him today on Facebook and told him that I hope others will buy brushes from him based on what I said. He gave me a free shipping voucher and I promptly made another order :hyper:. I'm hoping this next experience will be just as good as the first, only time will tell.

The Elite Manchurian fan is a fantastic knot with awesome, soft face feel but I did find it lacking in the density department while the Declaration B5 knots are almost too dense, but the Romera Manchurian fan was, to me, perfect in density and face feel. Good luck on the Declaration brush, they sure go fast when they're available. Best bet is to get a handle made by TurnNShave or Dogwood and have it sent over.

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
I agree, Rob, in fact I referenced some of the negative posts I had heard about his business practices and he assured me that it was only a handful out of thousands of orders. I was chatting with him today on Facebook and told him that I hope others will buy brushes from him based on what I said. He gave me a free shipping voucher and I promptly made another order :hyper:. I'm hoping this next experience will be just as good as the first, only time will tell.

The Elite Manchurian fan is a fantastic knot with awesome, soft face feel but I did find it lacking in the density department while the Declaration B5 knots are almost too dense, but the Romera Manchurian fan was, to me, perfect in density and face feel. Good luck on the Declaration brush, they sure go fast when they're available. Best bet is to get a handle made by TurnNShave or Dogwood and have it sent over.
Nice one Josh.:cool::thumbsup: I look forward to seeing your next one. Additive this brush business isn’t.

Thanks for your thoughts on the Declaration brush. If it’s denser than the Romera, that’s one dense brush!:eek:

Last edited: