MPF9

Forum GOD!
Fri 1st June

RazoRock Syn. 24mm
Lea Classic soap
Mongoose B3
Schick Proline [ 11 ]
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

Today used my Blingy Mongoose, not quite sure how I managed to get Two ? I think it was the shine. Anyway like its satin brother it gives me good Shaves. Am again pushing the blade a bit just to see how far it goes, but was careful to use a soap that gives a great lather.

Am very pleased to say that not only was the Shave smooth and comfortable, but the quality of all round finish was excellent. I may have got in a rut using Prolines in most of my Razors including Injectors, but IMHO they not only facilitate great Shaves but they are inexpensive too.

IMG_0109.jpg

chrisbd

Forum GOD!
01 June 2018

Preshave: Hot water rinse + bloom water
Razor: MIL SS OC
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Brush: New Forest Badger
Shave Soap: Vreto Citrus Mix
Aftershave Balm: Bulldog Sensitive
Aftershave: M&S Harvard

I'd never delude myself that I've tamed this razor but a cautious shave, with excellent Vreto lather, led to a near BBS finish. Satisfied with that.

Enjoy your shaves, gents.

Regards,
Chris

Acer89

James
SOTD 1st June
Royal Brierley Lead Crystal Shavemac D01 2-band
Edwin Jagger Aloe Vera Shaving Soap
Gillette Pre 1920's Brass Open Comb - Bespoke Handle
Gillette Nacet #2

DSC_5124.jpg

Day 5 of my vintage shave week.

I'm definitely no fountain of knowledge regarding vintage razors but I have tried many and kept the ones I like.

The Gillette Pre 1920's open comb is perfect for achieving a really close efficient shave. Personally, I find it much more efficient than the later released 'Gillette New OC' type which I'll feature tomorrow. :)

Last edited:

Fidelis

Forum GOD!
Friday morning shave:

Pre.: Hot water rinse, coconut oil, Proraso green pre-shave cream
Brush: Plisson synthetic fibre pearl grey
Soap: Martin de Candre - Fougère
Razor: ShaveCraft #104 Tech on a Stork Classic aluminium handle
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (2nd use)
Post.: Hot water rinse, alum, cold water rinse, 444, Myrsol Emulsion, Myrsol "Antesol" AS

Third two-pass shave in row, with the ShaveCraft #104 Tech: I think, I'm getting more used to it and I think, one can use as a daily driver. The big blade exposure dictates nontheless a delicate touch and a sound technique.
I watched a video of Geofatboy on Youtube, using the Tech with a Feather blade and even he had two weepers at the end of his shave, even when he only went wtg and xtg. I wouldn't use a Feather blade in this razor, nor would I recommend it. The Astra, is to me, plenty enough sharp.
Again, two weepers between chin and lower lip, hmmmm, maybe I still overdo it during the atg pass (the xtg pass is no problem at all). Next time I have to spend more attention to this, or/and change my technique going against the grain less directly.
But still, all in all not a bad shave, bbs face, so I can't complain :happy:

Have a great and smooth Friday! :okay:

Last edited:

Str8_Shaver

Forum GOD!
Thursday.
Prep: Hot towel
Pre shave: Prep
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Astra S/S
Brush: Rough,No Name Boar
Soap: Uncle Jon's 'It's just Cake'
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / Tallow + Steel: Dark Aftershave

Uncle Jon's 'It's just Cake' set the scene for today's faultless shave.. nuff said, methinks!