SOTD Saturday 22 September - Friday 28 September 2018

zealshaver

Forum GOD!
Good morning to all

Three new products for today's shave, the 5 butters soap and the -Thayer's alike- toner from Kerkini (not 'Kepkin'), also the Gamechanger. Head is first class and very well manufactured, can't say the same for the handle's quality and aesthetics. DFS+ with 2,5 passes. NOS Astra Keramik was the blade.

All worked very well together resulting to my ideal, firm and elastic cheeks.

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Sat 22nd Sept

RazoRock Syn. 24mm
Cyril Salter Solid Soap
Ever Ready 1924
Gem S/S [ 1 ]
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

I picked up on my SE rotation having got sidetracked by the Streamline for the last 5 Days. I picked what was is probably my second choice ER Razor, the 1924 which probably just edges the 1914 for me.
Even with a fresh blade the Shave was nice and smooth, and thanks the longer handle I was able to indulge in longer strokes than I would with a shorter handled 1914.

Though I did mot really push for a squeaky clean Shave, I was more than satisfied at the quality of the finish
after a relatively quick Shave. Am out both days this weekend , and have to get a move on as I still need a Shower,and pack the car. Have a good weekend Folks.

IMG_0251.jpg

halvor

a most elusive fish
SOTD 22nd September
Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Soap & Splash
Saponificio Varesino Manchurian White Badger
Double Open Comb - Windrose Z1 Handle
Gillette Silver Blue #1
View attachment 36221
Woo hoo, Euro start to an SOTD thread!
BCD18B43-004A-45C6-93FC-D15AA9C0272D.gif

Just realised the irony in using a raise the roof gif from the US version of the Office. Replaced with a more understated Emilia Clarke :wink:

Last edited:

SpeedyPC

Forum GOD!
Date: 22 September 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Omega 011842 Boar 27/52mm knot
Soap/Cream:- A&E ~ Monte Carlo
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB 'D' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #12
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male