Balm: Castle Forbes Lime
Aftershave: MAOLFrankinLime (Iced)

Last edited:

Palmolive-Fox

Forum GOD!

SOTD : 23rd June 2022.

4.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10077.
Bowl Lather.
Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Erasmic Shaving soap bowl.
Blade: Ming Shi MP-063. (D2)
Razor: Baili BD 191.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Hawkridge ASL./L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave,

A wonderful shave to finish my shaving week off in style.

The Baili BD 191... is on offer from many different shaving companies, at various prices 'Vikings Blade' & Razorock are just some that comes to mind.

The razor is made in china, like a vast majority of Shaving products these days.

The weight of the teardrop shaped handle makes it 'bottom heavy' of which for me i don't mind, because the hefty weight does all the work with no pressure needed when shaving...It's a mild razor which would be good for someone who is curious about trying out traditional wet shaving as the "Tech closed head design" gives extra protection and no risk of catching your ear lobes or under my nose from the blade ends when shaving. A great safety design feature, especially when doing a head shave.

My only gripe with the razor is the handle is slippery, but i rub my fingertips with alum, which gives it a more firmer grip.

The Baili BD 191 paired together superbly with the Ming Shi MP-063 blade wonderfully making a smooth non-aggressive yet efficient enough razor & blade duo.

Another enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a few small dollops of L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine.😉

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.😎

LeeMaz

Forum GOD!
6D8741DE-464B-490C-8A22-133A71DC5E33.jpeg

SOTD: 23/06/2022

Razor: Green Cult Razor
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, 2nd use
Brush: ZENITH Unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: Signature Capra Insurium Puck
Aftershave: Proraso Green Aftershave
Balm: Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

And the blood flowed! The Green Cult was unforgiving of a spot and mowed the top off! My fault completely but didn’t spoil a 2nd extremely efficient shave. The Capra was beautifully refreshing on the current heat, I will need to get the splash soon! It is just great. A nice change of pace with my little boar, I am on the verge going Synthetic only but this little piggy will break the rule no doubt.
Have a great day guys!

p.b

Forum GOD!
81348A03-B182-4806-BE8C-71B66E1B9989.jpeg

Lovely shave. The Konsul is a very smooth razor and after three passes (just cause it’s fun) I’m glass smooth but it doesn’t feel much different as you crank up the numbers. Tomorrow I’ll give it a go on 6. The B&M Bay Rum is delicious but my skin was very hot for several minutes after splashing it on so I might not be able to carry on using it.

Paul L

Forum GOD!
Wednesday 22nd June

Soap • Palmolive Stick
Brush • Yaqi Moka Express
Razor • Timeless 0.68 SS Scalloped
Blade • Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Post • Mentally Glacial (Floid MV/Alcolado Glacial mix)

Normal service resumed following my last, not so good shave.
The Silver Blue works well with all of my DE razors.
I went full 'Mentally Glacial' a'la @Digimonkey post shave following a hot and stuffy day at work.
Face freeze doesn't come close - but it's all part of the experience.

Quote for today . . . It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice
Otherwise known as . . .The world is full of arseholes, and you've only met a handful of them so far . . . .

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Thu 23rd June

Alpha Syn 28mm
P & B Spitfire
ER “ Streamline “
Gem S/S ( 4 )
P & B Spitfire A/S splash

Definitely more concentration needed when Shaving with these Vintage SE, compared to most AC/SE which are pretty forgiving. Not quite the finish I would have expected from The “ Streamline “, Insuspect an early Blade change is required.

F2E4A172-DB5E-4FA7-9FC6-3636F7BD1D91.jpeg

Tonyschin

Pogonotomist
23/06/22
Pre - Pears Transparent Face Wash
Brush - DS Cosmetics synth
Soap - 1912 Scottish Heather
Razor - ES Claymore V1
Blade - Feather Pro Blade
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Hugo Boss Bottled night
Wk 25 (6).JPG

I find the Original Claymore very similar to the B3 Mongoose i had in both shave performance and in the hand, although they look very different, today the V1 delivered a fantastic, comfortable, BBS result from 2 passes.
A really nice post shave routine to finish off, one happy shaver today.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.