SOTD Saturday 14th October 2017 - Friday 20th October 2017

halvor

a most elusive fish
SOTD 14th October
P&B Unscented
RazoRock Plissoft Synthetic
The Assassin - PolSillver SI
View attachment 18915

The nights are really drawing in now here in the UK so I thought this was an appropriate SOTD

Wishing everyone a great weekend.
So at quarter to two this morning you were out shooting your sotd/n and had a shave? I think the badgers may have gotten the better of you, my nocturnal friend :wink: Nice shot, and a great weekend to you, too!

halvor

a most elusive fish
AB43E04F-4AC2-4884-B20A-E7A89E5095D2.jpeg

Shavemac D01 ‘The Rowl’, Eufros tallow Dama de Noche, Wolfman Guerrilla / Polsilver, Pitralon Original.

How’s that for floral? The passion flower(?) is probably the most beautiful in my garden. Especially so in October! For some reason it’s blooming more intensely than ever, summer long gone and all.

Oh, and the shave was magnificent. I have no trouble getting the Guerrilla as efficient as a Timeless. Can’t say what I do differently from those who found it so inefficient. The soap — love it!

Electrif

SE la vie
Saturday 14th October
Heno de Pravia
Glycerine soap pre-shave
Zenith 507 TS
OSP Vintage Cream
Gillette Flare Tip Rocket
Gillette Nacet Stainless #4
Alum Wash
Electrif's Bay Rum
Lacura Body Moisturiser

Last DE shave for the time being. Four outings with the Nacet blade has been a pleasure. It has been sharp and smooth from the start. A rare outing also for the pre-shave soap which proved quite beneficial.

Last edited:

Gordy

Legendary Member
View attachment 18933
Shavemac D01 ‘The Rowl’, Eufros tallow Dama de Noche, Wolfman Guerrilla / Polsilver, Pitralon Original.

How’s that for floral? The passion flower(?) is probably the most beautiful in my garden. Especially so in October! For some reason it’s blooming more intensely than ever, summer long gone and all.

Oh, and the shave was magnificent. I have no trouble getting the Guerrilla as efficient as a Timeless. Can’t say what I do differently from those who found it so inefficient. The soap — love it!
Wow Halvor, beautiful shot!

2hot 2trot

Forum GOD!
SOTD: 141017
SOTD 141017 2.jpg

Blade: Proline #1
Razor: Feather AC SS Japanese style (On Loan @culcreuch )
Brush: Razorock Aluminium Synth
Soap: Truefitt & Hill 1805
EDT: Izzey Myake

First and foremost may I take this opportunity to thank @culcreuch for the opportunity to try this razor for the first time.
Brian it is truly appreciated not only for the razor but the wonderful selection of blades you sent me.

What a razor this is. I managed 2 passes with one cut. :rolleyes:
Thought I was going really well until overconfidence took over and I managed to slice my cheek on the 2nd pass. No real drama just a quick learning curve. :)
With a bit more practice I know I will love this razor. Paired with this blade I had such a comfortable shave.

T&F soap is superb stuff. Great cushion and slickness. Face lathered by the supersoft Razorock Brush.

Alum sorted the cut and thayers witch hazel finishing off the Izzer Myake.
Loved it. :)

Enjoy your shaves and have a lovely weekend. :)

celestino

Forum GOD!
View attachment 18933

Beautiful! :cheers:

Robyflexx

Forum GOD!
View attachment 18933

Beautiful photo! :highfive: