Forum GOD!
Fri 20th Oct.
RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
OSP Bay Rum
Alu. Hawk V1 / Windrose handle
Feather Pro [ 3 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

Have added extra weight to the Hawk by use of a S/S Handle. Though still quite light, I find that it shaves quite well
as it seems possible to vary the cutting angle to suit the plane of the facial surface to be shaved. All in all a very
smooth and comfortable shave, with a more than acceptable close all round finish. As V2 is available in UK, it might well suit those who wish to try out shaving with an Artist Club / SE at reasonable cost.

IMG_0030.jpg

Last edited:

Dr Watson

James
FC81B0AD-2555-4E44-942B-399810AC7D10.jpeg

SOTD

Valobra shave stick
Mühle 25mm Synth
Mühle Rocca
Mühle blade
4711 Aftershave

Lovely shave although the clogging problem returned today after thinking I sussed it yesterday... I can also confirm Mühle DE blades are not that great (in the Rocca at least) they go downhill very quickly after one shave! 4711 Aftershave is lovely and a massive bargain at £6.50 odd :okay:

Mrchick

Handsome Avatar
Thoughts on @twhite's Egor?
View: https://youtu.be/_IswJOeWYBM

It’s quite a razor. As with everything Tom makes, it is well made. The blade fits firmly into place and locates perfectly every time. I like the adjustment feature and have found that I like the most aggressive setting the best. I’m consistently getting three pass BBS shaves with this razor. If it was ever to go in production, I would buy one.

Electrif

SE la vie
Friday 20th October
Wickham 1912 – Classic 24
Yaqi Tuxedo – Sagrada Familia
Focus R48 (Pass-around)
½ Shark Super Stainless #1
Alum Wash
Tabac A/S
Baylis & Harding wild rose & raspberry Moisturiser

After figuring how to use the razor, I got a close result with no drama, so the plaster was unnecessary. The razor needs much more pressure to achieve a close finish. The same type of technique needed for the Gillette Guard disposable. I also needed an extra pass get the final result. The one thing I didn't like was the 'clicking' sound of the pivot. It really annoyed me.
I know from this shave the Focus is not for me, however will try it again with a different blade and soap. See you then.

Last edited:

Boru62

Shaving Boar
Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Semogue 1470
Soap: La Toja Stick
Razor: Gem MMOC
Blade: Gem Blue Star

I like using a DE but for me, a good SE is just smoother and more efficient, and this is a very good SE.
Ms Jackson's shaving products were, as usual, very good. Let's hope this project keeps her out of the recording studio. :wink::laugh:

jmudrick

Forum GOD!
Gebr. Lang were a well known purveyor of straight razors in the 1920s, but I've been no more successful in placing this razor in the company's catalog than the poster who (foolishly) sold it to me. The head may be generic German Old Type (?) but the handle is beautifully inlaid with some kind of ceramic mosaic. It shaves great, with a Nacet in its third shave i managed my head shave in just 1+ pass. It's quite toothy, and if I were to guess I'd say it has a bit greater exposure than the Gillette. Even so, buffing ATG in the moustache area was easily accomplished. I won't be selling this razor :) .

Last edited:

2hot 2trot

Forum GOD!
SOTD 201017
SOTD 201017 3.jpg

Blade: Proline #4
Razor: Feather SS Japanese style
Soap: Cyril R Salter Wild Rose
Brush: Maseto 30mm 2band
Edt. Attar Sandal Rose

A much better attempt this afternoon with the Feather. A special thank you goes out to @culcreuch for his time and valuable tuition with this razor.
A 2 pass attempt without any claret spilled.:dance:
DFS and I am one happy bunny.

Excellent brush whipped up the soap. The soap reminds me of Turkish Delight. Lovely scent.

Enjoy your shaves Gents.

Robyflexx

Forum GOD!
SOTD 201017
View attachment 19200

Blade: Proline #4
Razor: Feather SS Japanese style
Soap: Cyril R Salter Wild Rose
Brush: Maseto 30mm 2band
Edt. Attar Sandal Rose

A much better attempt this afternoon with the Feather. A special thank you goes out to @culcreuch for his time and valuable tuition with this razor.
A 2 pass attempt without any claret spilled.:dance:
DFS and I am one happy bunny.

Excellent brush whipped up the soap. The soap reminds me of Turkish Delight. Lovely scent.

Enjoy your shaves Gents.
Lovely photo! ☺