Acer89

James
SOTD 12th August
O'mehlor Shave Cream (sample)*
Yaqi Arctic Sky Deep Blue
Eskimo Progress Adjustable Mod by Bob Quinn
Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow #1*

DSC_1990 -1.jpg

The Eskimo Progress Mod was a trade from another forum member. Nice little mod this with a high quality handle and smooth adjustment knob.

The O'mehlor shave cream sample was easy to lather and provided a fair amount of cushion.

* Most grateful to James Mcgraw @Seamus1981 for the soap sample and blades
. :highfive:

Last edited:

halvor

a most elusive fish
Last night’s before another 40th

Extro O’Selvaggio set, Shavemac Unique Snowman, Blackland Sabre, Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum.

And today’s

The knot fell out during rinsing. A cut wine cork doesn’t cut it for propping up the loft, presumably. The coin I had there previously was both too heavy and too thin. So what to use?

Proraso cream and AS, Wild West W7 / Maseto, Karve F, Wizamet.

Last edited:

halvor

a most elusive fish
You wasn't 40 again today was you Halvor? If I've read that right Happy Birthday and I hope you had a great day.
As for your knot I will defer to someone who has more experience with that kind of thing.
P. :)
Ha ha, no, I’ll have you know I’m only 19, thank you very much!

No, it was a mate’s celebration. Myself, I marked the commencement of my fifth decade in March.

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
20180812_190357.jpg

REX Ambassador
Polsilver
Zenith Manchurian
Wickhams Ninfeo di Egeria (sample)*
Myrsol Emulsion

*The Wickhams sample was kindly gifted to me by @Shaverrific666 AKA Chris. Thanks mate.:thumbsup:

I'm in the very small minority which don't get along with Wickhams soaps. I've rated some of the scents but I've not been a fan of the soap base.

I found the scent strength to be weak and not particularly pleasant while creating the lather. Thankfully it did improve when applying to the face. The scent was ok but nothing special.
I whipped up what looked to be a good lather but I found performance on all levels poor. Post shave I found very drying too. My face was a little tender in places but is starting to calm down now.
@Martini @Acer89

Have a good week gents.
Cheers
Rob

halvor

a most elusive fish
View attachment 34332

REX Ambassador
Polsilver
Zenith Manchurian
Wickhams Ninfeo di Egeria (sample)*
Myrsol Emulsion

*The Wickhams sample was kindly gifted to me by @Shaverrific666 AKA Chris. Thanks mate.:thumbsup:

I'm in the very small minority which don't get along with Wickhams soaps. I've rated some of the scents but I've not been a fan of the soap base.

I found the scent strength to be weak and not particularly pleasant while creating the lather. Thankfully it did improve when applying to the face. The scent was ok but nothing special.
I whipped up what looked to be a good lather but I found performance on all levels poor. Post shave I found very drying too. My face was a little tender in places but is starting to calm down now.
@Martini @Acer89

Have a good week gents.
Cheers
Rob
Same to you, Rob :)

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
I'm back after VW Festival 2018!
Yep, it pissed down for 50% of the time, but we got the tent up dry and down dry - JUST!

Shannons Black Magic
KRs Lathe Works XL Keyhole Synthetic
Rockwell 6c #6
Lada [2/3]
Aqua Velva AS
Issey Blue EdT

No pic of the shave but, have this instead: