12 August 2018

Preshave: Hot water rinse + bloom water
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (18)
Brush: New Forest 2223 High Mountain Badger
Shaving Soap: Wickham 1912 Citrus Musk
Aftershave Balm: Rock Face Shaving Butter
Aftershave: M&S Harvard

No shave yesterday, so catching up today. The customary Wickham's performance but I personally find the scent slightly odd, not unpleasant but somewhat exotic and very strong. Nevertheless it took the combo to another near BBS, despite the extra day's growth.

DE blades never last anywhere near this long in my experience, so either Wilkinson blades are now being made in the Chick factory or someone must be changing them during the night.

Have a relaxing Sunday, if possible.

Regards,
Chris

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!

Classic Cobra & Feather Pro #1
RR BC Plissoft 24mm
GD After The Fire
Thayers W/H Medicated Astringent
Nivea Vitalizing A/S lotion
For Him Bleu Noir by Narciso Rodriguez
7FABCBC8-264E-47F3-B681-69B5887149AF.jpeg

A stellar 2 pass shave this morning with the classic. IMHO it’s probably the smoothest and easiest shaving SE to date to be honest. Just an incredible performer. Have a great day and shaves Gents... :happy:

JAGS009

Forum GOD!

SOTD : 12th August

Soap : B&M Cool Reserve
Aftershave : Epsilon Mediterranean Blue
Brush : Vie Long Horse hair
Razor : Rex Ambassador, Gillette Rubie (3)

Out of the entire set up Vie Long brush stole the show. It produced a very slick, protective & shiny lather. Awesome shave overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
Gillette Rocket, Blue Tip
Dorian Crafts, Cashmere
Mystic Water, Sensitive Skin
Eufros Bálsamo, Neutro
Frederic Malle, Portrait of a Lady

Great stuff. Mystic Water’s faded out of the ‘scene’ but this soap is every bit as good (if not better) than the new kids on the block.

One of my favourite razors too. Great for an easy, comfortable shave.

...and does the brush live up to your expectations?
The brush is great. I don’t think I really had any particular expectations with it.
I’m not someone who has any specific interest in brushes and generally I’m happy using my ABC Boar.
I fancied a higher end badger and recently purchased a Paladin, whilst the brush itself was great I didn’t really like the Butterscotch and that was enough to see it gone.
Another recent purchase was a BS DFS LE which was great, the resin I loved. I couldn’t get on with the fan knot though so that went.
I like a big brush, liked the quality on Brad’s handles so it was a simple choice for me of a faux Ebony 3xl with a finest bulb knot.
About a month after ordering it I was thinking about the Ivory handle on the DFS and how much I liked it so ordered an Ivory 3xl with a super bulb, the only reason for ordering the Super was to see if I could tell any difference, because I’ll bet I probably can’t.

alfredus

Forum GOD!

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: Rex Ambassador (3-2)
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless (2)
Brush: Hucklaration
Lather: Mystic Water Bergamot, Cedarwood & Juniper
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Benz3ne

Forum GOD!

Oneblade Core V2
Feather FHS-10
YaQi Badger
Maca Root

Great shave with the Oneblade and Maca Root. I might make a decision between this and the Supply SE before too long and sell off the other, I can’t see myself needing both of them.
Spritz of Xerjoff Alexandria II thereafter for a family meal. Nice!

DeeCee

Dan
~: SOTD Sunday 12.08.2018 :~
SOTD120818.JPG

Pre: Warm water rinse
Bowl: Bideford Pottery 'BigCon' bowl
Cream: Extro 'Del Don'
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Red Marble synthetic
Razor: General Bulldog
Blade:
Schick (6?)
AS:
Myrsol Agua De Limon and Bart's Balms Cinnamon & Patchouli
Used the Extro cream for the first time today. Bought it for use solely for head shaving as I'd run out of my previous cream, but put far too much in the bowl so used it for a face shave too. The scent of this one is really nice, although I couldn't describe the smell...… It was a nice cream, but seemed a bit hard and granular for my liking. Think I'll stick with it for it's intended purpose, the head.
Went back to the General today but found the blade to be a little tuggy, I think the Proline was on it's 6th use, I thought it'd last a bit longer. Didn't manage to cut myself however, so pretty pleased and my face feels lovely and smooth again, and no irritation. Have swapped the blade over to the Kai Captain Pink (Mild), see how that goes. Finished off with Bart's Balm and enjoying the scent of this one too.
Have a great afternoon gents!​