Something New

Boycie83

Space Cadet
Do you want British products in particular or anything that's available in the UK? What budget range are we talking?

Boycie83

Space Cadet
Cyril R Salter
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Signature Soaps (glycerin version)
Truefitt & Hill No. 10 (other cream tubes are ~TOBS tub cost)
Geo F Trumper (ditto)
D R Harris (ditto)
Creightons (great cream available from Creightons website for £1.99)
Gentlemens Face Care Club (Amazon)
Palmolive Stick - £0.75 Wilko/Superdrug
Palmolive Cream - £1.79 Lloyds Pharmacy
Boots Stick - £1.75
Boots Cool Cologne Cream - £1.59

There's a great range of British soaps and creams between the cost of TOBS and £20:

Phoenix and Beau
Wickhams 1912
Castle Forbes
The Executive Shaving Company
The Traditional Shaving Company
Edwin Jagger
Arran
Signature Soaps (hybrid)
OSP (no longer made but still available in places)
London Oatcake
Alexander Simpson
Nanny's Silly Soap

Cyril R Salter
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Signature Soaps (glycerin version)
Truefitt & Hill No. 10 (other cream tubes are ~TOBS tub cost)
Geo F Trumper (ditto)
D R Harris (ditto)
Creightons (great cream available from Creightons website for £1.99)
Gentlemens Face Care Club (Amazon)
Palmolive Stick - £0.75 Wilko/Superdrug
Palmolive Cream - £1.79 Lloyds Pharmacy
Boots Stick - £1.75
Boots Cool Cologne Cream - £1.59

There's a great range of British soaps and creams between the cost of TOBS and £20:

Phoenix and Beau
Wickhams 1912
Castle Forbes
The Executive Shaving Company
The Traditional Shaving Company
Edwin Jagger
Arran
Signature Soaps (hybrid)
OSP (no longer made but still available in places)
London Oatcake
Alexander Simpson
Nanny's Silly Soap
Thank you for such a thorough reply, I will be spending the evening looking at these, again many thanks

Boycie83

Space Cadet
It was my first ever shaving cream so I have a soft spot for it. You can get a 3 pack (mixed) of either soaps or creams on eBay for ~£10. It's fine but won't provide the same quality of lather as your TOBS. Still a perfectly acceptable lather though.

It was my first ever shaving cream so I have a soft spot for it. You can get a 3 pack (mixed) of either soaps or creams on eBay for ~£10. It's fine but won't provide the same quality of lather as your TOBS. Still a perfectly acceptable lather though.
I think, for once I got it right 1st time, I will stay with TOBS plenty of different fragrance to try.

Thanks for your help it's been interesting looking at what's available.

Boycie83

Space Cadet
I think, for once I got it right 1st time, I will stay with TOBS plenty of different fragrance to try.

This stuff is good value for money. Good variety and change from £20 for three of them.
Screenshot_20191012_180305_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!

I think you did get it right. I’ve used a variety of TOBS shaving creams over my +50 years of shaving and although I do stray occasionally I always revert to TOBS, usually Rose and Lavender. I think the TOBS range is hard to beat in terms of quality, performance and price. Also, I love visiting their Jermyn Street store whenever I’m in a London; even my wife likes visiting the store, which is most unusual.

I think you did get it right. I’ve used a variety of TOBS shaving creams over my +50 years of shaving and although I do stray occasionally I always revert to TOBS, usually Rose and Lavender. I think the TOBS range is hard to beat in terms of quality, performance and price. Also, I love visiting their Jermyn Street store whenever I’m in a London; even my wife likes visiting the store, which is most unusual.
I might have to take my wife there, not been to London for quite a while.

D

Deleted member 1881

But where is @MntnMan62 to suggest some UK great cream that has been reformulated in a mediocre cream?:laugh: