Socks

halvor

a most elusive fish
We have a thread for shoes, so why not one for socks? With shoes there are the long standing brands, and less newcomers on the market that stay, it seems at least. Socks may be a different matter — or?

I’m currently trying out a subscription service from London Sock Company, though I don’t find their quality truly up there after two shipments received of various models. Also just tried a five pack of bamboo ones — hit or miss? — from bamboofibersocks.com. Will report back on those. My experience with bamboo thus far has been that they’re good while they last, but that’s not for long unfortunately.

For the thread: any sock makes you swear to? Or anything else sock related.

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
I have been wearing odd socks since I was 12 and hang on a sec........1, 2, 3....that's a very long time ago :)

I doesn't matter if it is a formal function or casual, I always where odd socks :happy:
Even when I had to wear those long stockings in hospital! on leg had a black sock and the other white.

Last edited by a moderator:

Batch300

Extraordinarily Uncomplicated
After years of wearing either black or brown socks, now wearing mainly stripes socks. In terms of functionality, there are winter socks, sport socks, no show socks, wool socks, etc. My most common brands would be Marcolina and Lisa B (carried by favorite local men's store). I also have and like John Smedley, Marko John, and Selina Scott.

My pair of "matched mis-matched" socks - a favorite
IMG_0944.jpg

D

Deleted member 30

Been trying to decided what car inspired socks to go for. Very tempted with a pair of RSR. Now the question is, socks or convertibles?

For anyone else who is interested; https://heeltread.com/

10% Discount code: #TRUEPETROLHEAD

Prices are changed on checkout to Euros, standard postage to the UK is €4.00

I just purchased the above socks which came to;
£9.00 socks changed to €10 euros
Less 10% discount €9.00
Postage €4.00
Total €13.00

Seems reasonable for a pair of RSR socks. Just hope they're fast!! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
Been trying to decided what car inspired socks to go for. Very tempted with a pair of RSR. Now the question is, socks or convertibles?

For anyone else who is interested; https://heeltread.com/

10% Discount code: #TRUEPETROLHEAD

Prices are changed on checkout to Euros, standard postage to the UK is €4.00

I just purchased the above socks which came to;
£9.00 socks changed to €10 euros
Less 10% discount €9.00
Postage €4.00
Total €13.00

Seems reasonable for a pair of RSR socks. Just hope they're fast!! :cool:
Go with something that fought against each be it in F1, Rally etc. Say the Williams and the McClaren But make sure you wear odd socks!
That way each team are ebbing to and fro into the lead. You can have a race while you walk :laugh::roflmao::laugh:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 30

Go with something that fought against each be it in F1, Rally etc. Say the Williams and the McClaren But make sure you wear odd socks!
That way each team are ebb to and fro into the lead. You can have a race while you walk :laugh::roflmao::laugh:
Now why didn't I think of that.

Lancia Integrale against the Porsche RSR Now this would be funny SI, it would look like I'm sprinting with a limp. :giggle:

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
My most important criterion for a pair of socks is that they must be primarily Merino wool: no Merino no buy socks. I can’t stand cotton, as by the end of the day I feel as though I’m standing in a swamp. Man-made fibres are out of the question too although I like a bit mixed with Merino wool for durability.

Last edited:

JAGS009

Forum GOD!
I have been using Paul Smith for over a decade now. Please believe me when I tell you that each pair lasts for 6-7 years. On top of that, they have awesome prints and colors. I also have had used Etro many years back before the store shut down in my area....equally good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JJC

bagman

Coffee drinker
Staff member
Costco do some excellent merino blend boot socks. I wear boots for work and these socks are superb all year round. I’ve worn nothing else for work for at least 6 years now.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
I have a fair few pairs of Happy Socks which do me fine. For trainers it’s usually Adidas or Nike, the ones that are hidden away in the trainer. As soon as I get in doors though off the socks go. I only wear slippers downstairs too, socks and a Springer Spaniels leaky mouth when he drinks don’t mix, I can not stand wet socks !!!