Soapy Science Soap

I'll open a separate thread for the group buy. I've had a few PM's about this as well.
Jason (@Boonie21), tell Hannah to get ready. :D

*Edit
Group buy thread: https://www.atgshaving.com/threads/soapy-science-group-buy.10464/
:) we are trying to be ready! Just placed our largest order for making the soap base that we have yet to place — 50 lbs of stearic acid + restock of all of our oils, glycerin and butters are on on their way and should arrive tomorrow - this weekend = producing 150+ jars of various scents to replenish our stock.

Labels are ordered for “Rosa Pura” (will be here in 8-10 days), labels are ordered for “Hanalei” (ylang ylang, patchouli, Orange) are arriving in 8–10 as well. Hanalei on Kauai, HI has Taylor Camp beach aka Hippie Beach and when my wife smelled this combination she was like “it’s smells just like the breeze at Hippie Beach at Hanalei Bay” - that was it for me and Hannah - Hanalei it is! :)

I think we will be in good shape!

Mint mint has really taken off this week in sales as well - really happy about that, cause it’s one of my faves!

Last edited:

halvor

a most elusive fish
Side note, Anyone tried to follow up Doc’s Special Blend with Fine Fresh Vetiver? Picks up both on the winter green (menthol) and the vetiver. Sold my Fine on, so this from memory.

Elsewhere believe I also noted the great match with Elie Saab’s Vetiver fragrance.

“Rosa Pura” an homage to Hannah’s absolute love of the Spanish language (she is finishing year 2 of Spanish this week) is curing in the jars as I type this.

This soap will cost $22.99 per jar due to the fact that this Rose EO is one of the most expensive oils we have yet to use - over 2x as expensive per ounce than 95% of the oils we use and almost even more expensive than the Vetiver oil we use (and it’s really expensive as well :)). The Vetiver we use is $40/ounce.

We are extremely pleased with the scent (using only Rose essential oil) and wanted to share with you the final “stages” of logo creation we go through between Hannah, Mom and Dad :)

Here are the final three - would love your thoughts.

View attachment 29882
Sorry for my late reply. I vote #3.
I hope the scent will be more robust and stronger :okay::p:

pimple8

Forum GOD!
Side note, Anyone tried to follow up Doc’s Special Blend with Fine Fresh Vetiver? Picks up both on the winter green (menthol) and the vetiver. Sold my Fine on, so this from memory.

Elsewhere believe I also noted the great match with Elie Saab’s Vetiver fragrance.
Thanks to this info I will be ordering the Doc's to pair it with the Fine I bought from you :)

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Docs Special Blend is now back in stock and also — we are considering running a pre-order on the Rosa Pura and Hanalei scents.....they would ship just after Fathers Day weekend — thoughts on pre-order? Is pre-order a no-no or would folks be open to it?

halvor

a most elusive fish
Docs Special Blend is now back in stock and also — we are considering running a pre-order on the Rosa Pura and Hanalei scents.....they would ship just after Fathers Day weekend — thoughts on pre-order? Is pre-order a no-no or would folks be open to it?
May be a slippery slope, but as long as you set a limit well under what you are able to produce, in order also to be able to open for ‘now’ orders — for lack of a better term, as opposed to pre — when shipping pre-orders, you should be good. If you allow an antire batch for pre-order and/or a batch goes south, you will lag behind for a while and may receive some sour remarks. (Speaking from recent history.)

That said, I’m happy with pre-orders!

p.b

Forum GOD!
8 days of Soapy Science exclusive use and, as @Holyzeus will attest, the soap has made me even better looking, whilst providing me with very enjoyable shaves. Last Sunday I used part of the Lollipop Citrus and the soap suited the fabulously hot and sunny bank holiday Sunday. To me it smells of Opal Fruits / Starburst in the tub and develops into Spangles once lathered. Brilliant fun but days that suit the soap in England are few and far between: it was great fun and to use and thank you for the sample but it would be a novelty soap for me.

I used up my shared sample of the Mint Mint in just two days (I haven't been that profligate I've just been sharing out the stuff) and Trebor soft mints are exactly what it smells like to me. It was really refreshing and I loved it.

I've now had 5 days on the Doc Special Blend and I'm not tiring of it at all. @Holyzeus is spot-on: It smells of Germolene - I don't know if that has some bad connotations for some but I love the scent even though as I write this I can see how some might be put off by this description, and I probably would be too, but it works. Maybe this is down the the fact it isn't too strong once lathered - which for me is another plus point.

One other thing to mention: none of the three soaps have caused any irritation - unlike approximately 50% of the soaps I try. I think I'll be using this until my tub of Wholly Kaw Coconut arrives from Maggards... :thumbsup:

lu20vt

Forum GOD!
Second use Testing 1,2,3 ..from the tin, I smell predominantly Ylang Ylang, but lathering brings out the orange and Patchouli. An excellent scent, these soaps are winners !! :happy: