Soap Suggestions.

jphelan81

Forum GOD!
So after this tread I purchased some soaps, first shave tonight with Tabac. No reaction! I'm surprised just how much I liked the scent. The performance was brilliant, found it very slick and easy to lather for a 3 pass shave. Honestly after using this so far I don't feel the need to spend on too tier soaps, yes the post shave here was not as good, but once I used the Tabac splash follow by Bart's Balm I then do not notice any performance difference and it's all for a fraction of the cost.

R181

Grumpy old man
So after this tread I purchased some soaps, first shave tonight with Tabac. No reaction! I'm surprised just how much I liked the scent. The performance was brilliant, found it very slick and easy to lather for a 3 pass shave. Honestly after using this so far I don't feel the need to spend on too tier soaps, yes the post shave here was not as good, but once I used the Tabac splash follow by Bart's Balm I then do not notice any performance difference and it's all for a fraction of the cost.
Good to hear Tabac agrees with you including the scent. I like it too. Yes, I am hard pressed from my experience to spend large amounts on expensive soaps having found the difference compared to good less expensive soaps is minimal compared to the cost increase.

Bob

Will-J

Forum GOD!
I'm pretty sold on the SV! I love Bart's Balms so just need the soap, any recommendations that best go with Bergamot and Vanilla, the rosemary and Sandalwood and finally just the lavender.
I find SV Manna di Sicillia to be a nice combo with Bart's Bergamot & Vanilla, if you have the Amber & Jasmine from Bart you may also find SV Opuntia a decent pairing (both have a somewhat Creed Eventus vibe to them if that is your sort of thing).

SV soaps are certainly not the cheapest, but I have found the pucks to last well over a year of regular use.

D

Deleted member 1881

If you like Tabac, you can get a puck from Fine, I have the Sandal Absolut, fantastic soap! Great lather too.

Nisse

Old geezer
I have a Lea stick, old tallow version, 50 gram grated and put in a tin, good soap and it is built to last, so far I have not managed to put a dent in it, hopefully the new vegan version is equally good.

Grarea

Forum Plod
Take MdC it's not a huge loss.
Wait. What? I had never realised that this was veggie too.

@jphelan81 I wonder if it might be a good idea to put 'veggie' and 'vegetarian' in the title?
This makes for some interesting reading and that might make it easier for people to find this thread.

I also struggle with some soaps stinging and I suspect Fragrance oils myself.
I have just been through mine now I have a number of soaps that don't sting and will be moving the ones that do, on.

jphelan81

Forum GOD!
Wait. What? I had never realised that this was veggie too.

@jphelan81 I wonder if it might be a good idea to put 'veggie' and 'vegetarian' in the title?
This makes for some interesting reading and that might make it easier for people to find this thread.

I also struggle with some soaps stinging and I suspect Fragrance oils myself.
I have just been through mine now I have a number of soaps that don't sting and will be moving the ones that do, on.
I suspected fragrance oils as well, have ordered some Eufros soap which I've had one before with no issues.