Soap Suggestions.

jphelan81

Forum GOD!
I want to change my buying habits on soaps. So sticking to European/UK soaps. Vegan based with EOs only.

I have spent too much lately on soaps I've reacted to.

So far I've been looking at Czech and Speake and Saponificio Varesino, quite premium I know, bit like the look of clean basic scents.

Any recommendations?

Dr Watson

James
SV soaps are full of fragrance oil, not essential oils so you may want to dismiss those, though I've not heard of anyone having a reaction to them.

For European veggie soaps/croaps made with only EO's I can think of Le Pere Lucien, Martin de Candre, Fitjar Islands, Meissner Tremonia, Speick Active & Esbjerg... I think Eufros also does a small veggie range though not all scents are EO (GEA for example is a Le Male clone presumably using FO.)

jphelan81

Forum GOD!
Maybe doesn't have to be only EOs, I was told that would be better. Fitjar I've used and is superb, that's going on the list. Not heard of Brualt. Gives me something to look at. Only want 5 or 6 soaps.

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
Fitjar for sure - any of them. SV Felce and Dolomiti are favourites.

But if you see any Grooming Dept. (USA) grab them. Best ever, and very "European" as in clean and fresh. My most cherished soaps. I have Magnolia, Yuzu and Neroli. Masterpieces.

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
Extro cosmeti are fantastic Italian soaps and their aftershave is more akin to edt. Executive shaving sell sets of soap and aftershave for £25.

pimple8

Forum GOD!
EO only and great performance - Brutalt Bra from Norway. It might be hard to get.

Also, haven't tried but Chris at Another Cut Above can't stop talk about Swedish Which soaps. Apparently EO, vegan and top notch.
She's about to launch a website with a store soon.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFqvI7ZZA9o&t=198s

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
The best advice I can give you is to buy a stick of Speick and a bottle of Pitralon classic aftershave. Scent and performance should be excellent for you as well as the cost.

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
The best advice I can give you is to buy a stick of Speick and a bottle of Pitralon classic aftershave. Scent and performance should be excellent for you as well as the cost.
He wants vegan or I would have suggested Speick myself.

jphelan81

Forum GOD!
Vegan, vegetal, is there any difference? It's more due to my tendancy to get reactions. Could go unscented, but no fun in that!