So What’s Your Lip Balm of Choice?

Discussion in 'Grooming and Style' started by flashashton27, Feb 19, 2017.

1. flashashton27

flashashton27 Forum GOD!

I’ve been using lip balms for a while now, as my wife is very much into her skincare & it was something I picked up from her.

I currently use the Nuxe Reve de Miel & the Anthony Logistics Mint & White Tea Lip Balm, both of which are extremely good & hard to beat.

I’ve noticed that a few soap makers, such as Mickey Lee & Mystic Water’s make their own lip balms, so was wondering if anyone has used them or if anyone has any other good suggestions?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  2. Acer89

Acer89 James

I use Weleda Balm

2-19_15.19.56.jpg
    • Provide protection for the lips from the environment
    • Nourishing lip treatment
    • Certified natural cosmetic
    • Suitable for vegetarians
    Product Description
    Weleda lip balm has been carefully formulated to provide protection for the lips from the environment. The ingredients in the Lip Balm have been chosen to not only protect the lips by providing a barrier effect, but also to help soothe the lips after exposure. The natural waxes in Weleda Lip Balm give a sun protection factor 4 without the use of synthetic UV filters.

Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Beeswax (Cera Flava), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Rosa Damascena Flower Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract, Rosa Damascena Extract, Citronellol*, Benzyl Alcohol*, Geraniol*, Eugenol*, Farnesol*. *from natural essential oils.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003ZUU...ProductDesc=1#product-description_feature_div

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  3. Shave to the grave

Shave to the grave Forum GOD!

Lip balms are, without exaggeration, my one addiction. I've been using them since I was 5 or 6 years old. It's the only thing I worry about :o_o: and I've got them everywhere. Some people smoke, I lipbalm! They're at work, in the car, in my pockets. It's a nightmare! I buy the Superdrug lipbalm. It's a good size and works well. I buy their entire stock usually :hungry:. It's also handy having a few pots of Vas hanging about just in case the lipbalm runs dry:D 20170219_160919.jpg 0

4. Tennessee Dave

Tennessee Dave Über Member

I use just regular old petroleum jelly

Billyfergie and flashashton27 like this.
  5. Dipesh

Dipesh Forum GOD! Staff Member

Palmers. Pretty nice stuff. No shine and doesn't give me spots around my lips.

mbarno, Billyfergie and flashashton27 like this.
  6. Burts Beeswax great stuff, expensive but good.

7. Nishy

Nishy Forum GOD! Staff Member

8. flashashton27

flashashton27 Forum GOD!

Thanks @Acer89. I have a few Weleda products but I've never come across their lip balms.

Billyfergie likes this.
  9. Acer89

Acer89 James

It's good stuff containing only natural ingredients. :thumbsup:

10. churchilllafemme

churchilllafemme Forum GOD!

Stirling Soap Co. French Vanilla. Quite good, and one container is lasting a very long time. In the past I used a vanilla-scented one called Lip-Aid and liked it a lot, but it apparently is not made any more. It came in a metal container as shown.
    [​IMG]

11. pjgh

pjgh Forum GOD!

It's purely in case I bump into Liz Hurley ... you know ... Burt's Bees (Mint). Gentle tingle. Simple ingredients.

Fox, Billyfergie and flashashton27 like this.
  12. flashashton27

flashashton27 Forum GOD!

Sheesh, they look like bullet shell casings!

13. Billyfergie

Billyfergie Forum GOD!

14. Billyfergie

Billyfergie Forum GOD!

[​IMG]
    Nah..Seriously..The Best Lip Balms on the Market have Always Came from Scandinavia..I Worked Over there for Years..Their Winter Health Care & Garments for Winter are 2nd to None..:D

Billy

15. Acer89

Acer89 James

I used to love Neutrogena lip balm until they changed the formula and added chemical sunscreens which irritate.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice