So Pinaud Clubman...

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Nick_S, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Nick_S

Nick_S Beer & Blades

I broke my Clubman virginity today, with the aftershave lotion.

What I'd like to know is, did anyone else ever get an initial hit of alcohol scent that reminded them of turps? Once the alcohol had died down, the true powdery (verging on floral) aroma came through in bucket loads.

2. halvor

halvor a most elusive fish

I’m getting an initial hit of something very musty from the plastic bottle which I didn’t get from a sample glass bottle, but I don’t suppose that’s what you speak of? I get the same from a vintage Tabax tobacco splash from Portugal, also in plastic. So it may be the plastic, may be the common denominator tobacco, or it may be something else.

3. Dr Watson

Dr Watson The Other James

I recall reading over on B&B some users in the states like to decant Pinaud into a glass bottle, apparently because there is a certain unpleasant scent imbued by the plastic which does go once decanted but it takes a while.

4. Nick_S

Nick_S Beer & Blades

I'll have a nose at a glass bottle to decant into, see if that makes a difference. Research after posting showed many people of the same thought, no smoke without fire they say :)

5. R181

R181 Grumpy old man

Yup, decanted mine into a glass bottle, seemed to help. I do that with as few ASs that come in plastic bottles.

Bob

Nick_S likes this.
  6. Mr Bigmem

Mr Bigmem Forum GOD!

For those who have decanted what have you used?

7. R181

R181 Grumpy old man

Any bottle I found suitable at the thrift store that would take a pour spout like that for an olive oil bottle. Glass is glass.

Bob

8. p.b

p.b Forum GOD!

9. halvor

Dr Watson and Mr Bigmem like this.
  10. Dr Watson

Dr Watson The Other James

Has it grown on you at all @Nick_S ? You didn't appear to be overly enamoured with it in the video :laugh: ...Thinking of grabbing a bottle myself, perhaps with some "veg" as well to test my mettle.

11. Mr Bigmem

Mr Bigmem Forum GOD!

I've got the classic vanilla that I love and which I managed to grab a glass bottle for from @p.b in his PIF whoop arrived today and thank you sir, I will deport back on how it changes in loosin the plastic. And I have a glass bottled Lilac Vegital and to my nose its like a strong stargazer lily scent. If you've ever brought the Mrs oriental, white or stargazer Lilies and they've been in a hot room as they fully open you'll know that sweet pungent scent. And thats what I get. Down side is my Mrs hates the scent of Lilies so I love it she hates it lol

Dr Watson likes this.
  12. R181

R181 Grumpy old man

Been honestly afraid to try the "veg" as members on another forum likened the scent to cat piss.

Bob

13. Mr Bigmem

Mr Bigmem Forum GOD!

Its defo not cat pee even tho it is pungent. Pop down the local tescos and grab a few bunches of lilies. Pop them in a vase in a room and you'll get the smell as they bloom

Dr Watson and R181 like this.
  14. R181

R181 Grumpy old man

So something like the smell of flowers at a funeral parlor. :D

Bob

Dr Watson likes this.
  15. halvor

What, don’t say that has any form of negative connotations? The glass is always half full with you, Bob :p:

R181 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice