Smart Helix Stainless Razor

tramal

Veteran
I wrote a mail to this company and they told me, that they are developing a new razor at the moment. Hopefully a lighter razor. This APOLLO is too heavy for my taste

Reactions: p.b

Number Six

Forum GOD!

Looking good. Fit and finish is excellent- it’s well polished though not a mirror finish, but very shiny. The unusual looking handle feels great in the hand. Definitely looks like it’s about to blast off. Serious.

This is my first razor with a dual purpose base plate. The symmetry gives it an interesting look.

I’ll be shaving with this for several days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another beautiful high-end razor - just read about the Paradigm Javelin. But I'm in a Peasants Revolt against razors over 100g. They're just for the folks in the chateau.... Round here we eat cheese, raise pigs and use razors under 100g.

Number Six

Forum GOD!
Had a few shaves with the Apollo and am very pleased with the handling and performance. It feels like a precision instrument.

I've tried both sides of the baseplate, both of which are efficient and easy to dial in. The aggressive side is great for a two pass shave while the mild side allows for effortless touchups. No issues with clogging and rinses well.

Despite the weight (120 grams) the razor and handle are very nicely balanced and the shape and knurling work as one might expect. The geometry of the shave head allows for easy work under the nose, jawline etc. I was under the impression that the head would completely cover the blade but as you can see there is a slight reveal of the Voskhod blade ends...I haven't tried other brands.

The small footprint razor stand is secure and stable, completing the package nicely. I am so far very satisfied with the Apollo razor.

Last edited:

Number Six

Forum GOD!
I see that Smart Helix has changed a two baseplate system versus a reversible plate. Wondering- anyone has tried the new "light" version?

Bugdoc

Forum GOD!
I see that Smart Helix has changed a two baseplate system versus a reversible plate. Wondering- anyone has tried the new "light" version?
I got mine last week. It's too early to render an informed opinion. Apparently people complained about the weight of the dual plate resulting in the light version? The first few shaves I have had with the aggressive plate have been close but comfortable. The fit and finish, including that amazing packaging, is like the original.