Six Nations

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by JamieM, Feb 2, 2019.

1. JamieM

JamieM Forum GOD!

As a life long rugby supporter, this was a big victory for positive Rugby and England, Ireland are, without doubt, the most boring one dimensional Rugby team ever, I'm pleased It's really opened the 6 nations right up.

Benz3ne, Nick_S, SeanC and 3 others like this.
  2. 2hot 2trot

2hot 2trot Forum GOD!

Couldn't agree with you more.
    For once in my life I enjoyed England winning because I just won an 8/1 treble picking Wales, Scotland and England to win.

Happy days! :cheers:

JamieM likes this.
  3. culcreuch

culcreuch Ooooops!

I am in a huff:mad:

JamieM and 2hot 2trot like this.
  4. 2hot 2trot

2hot 2trot Forum GOD!

Cheer up Brian, you will win the next 3 out of 4 matches. :wink::D

culcreuch and Holyzeus like this.
  5. culcreuch

culcreuch Ooooops!

Ok....pile it on:eek:

2hot 2trot and JamieM like this.
  6. vtmax

vtmax Forum GOD!

Love my Irish Rugby team:okay:

JamieM likes this.
  7. bagman

bagman Veteran

An excellent result and as said above leaves it wide open

8. JamieM

JamieM Forum GOD!

The result also tells you about one-off games in the upcoming Rugby World Cup, I know the draw and it's a real tough quarter-final for Ireland, regardless they will either play New Zealand or South Africa.

2hot 2trot likes this.
  9. Nick_S

Nick_S Beer & Blades

Great start to the 6 Nations. England showed their intent, Wales did what they do, and Scotland...well, they played a brilliant 65/70 mins then something odd happened. Bodes well for a great tournament.

JamieM and 2hot 2trot like this.
  10. 2hot 2trot

2hot 2trot Forum GOD!

I look forward to the six nations every year. As soon as Christmas it out of the way this is my main event.
    I think we are all going to be in for a real treat.

JamieM likes this.
  11. Tazzimus

Tazzimus Guru

While being disappointed we lost, England deserved the win. Much better team on the day.

12. ronald

ronald Senior Member

I thought Henry Slade was particularly outstanding against Ireland. As a centre, he doesn't just provide England with attacking options but from a defensive/counterattacking point of view, he also reads the game very well and can anticipate the opposition's next move, disrupting their play and getting an occasional interception or 2 like he did last weekend.

Hope he keeps this up against France tomorrow. Their back line was sloppy and made mistakes against Wales, North had a field day and got the upper hand against his opposite number Huget. If France's wingers/fullbacks continue to create gaps and make mistakes, England will rip them apart.

13. After today’s performance against France it will be interesting to see how England perform in Cardiff in two weeks time. Both teams should be at (more or less) full strength so you would expect a barn stormer of an opening 20 minutes. I’m not making any predictions other than that England’s bench is strong at the moment and that could be decisive.

JamieM likes this.
  14. JamieM

JamieM Forum GOD!

Rob, should be one hell of a game.

15. Holyzeus

Holyzeus TSR reject

Ouch

JamieM likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice