Simpsons Shaving Brushes - Water transfers

Railwaychief

Forum GOD!
Hi Guys,

Was looking for some help...

As many of you know Simpsons have the famous signature gold water transfers on their brushes. The latest of which is now “ Simpson - hand made in Great Britain “ as its legend. The previous “ Simpson - Made in England - Sterilised, grey / green box era.

As an avid collector of Simpsons brushes I have quite a few of the older style, but as with all, things a few of the water transfers are fading, these are mainly on re- purchased brushes that I have acquired.

Currently Simpsons have replacement transfers of the current type on their website, but sadly none of the previous version. I have contacted Mark @ Simpsons and it appears they don’t have any of the older versions left.

Was wondering if anybody could help in locating the older type, bought and forgotten about, lost in a draw that sort of thing.

Any help would be much appreciated ...

Attachments

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
Good luck in your hunt, Mark.
I do wonder sometimes if brushes are spending a lot of time submerged. I have several from 2010 to 2014 and stickers are still in good condition.

Railwaychief

Forum GOD!
Good luck in your hunt, Mark.
I do wonder sometimes if brushes are spending a lot of time submerged. I have several from 2010 to 2014 and stickers are still in good condition.
Thanks David, think it’s going to be a challenge. The brush I had from you kept its transfer perfectly ( thank you) - had a couple recently, and as you say I think they have been submerged too long... 😒

Dipesh

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Somerset were water transfers, yes. The newer IOM made in England marked brushes have always been stickers but I think the quality wasnt the best and the friction/water hardness made them go green and/fade with the early brushes.

Newer stuff looks much better but sadly doesn't say made in England as you know. The only thing you could do is get a sticker printer to replicate I think and make a sheet. I'm sure others will want them too!

Railwaychief

Forum GOD!
Somerset were water transfers, yes. The newer IOM made in England marked brushes have always been stickers but I think the quality wasnt the best and the friction/water hardness made them go green and/fade with the early brushes.

Newer stuff looks much better but sadly doesn't say made in England as you know. The only thing you could do is get a sticker printer to replicate I think and make a sheet. I'm sure others will want them too!
Thanks Dipesh, think your probably right. Just got a grey box brush off eBay, arrived today as a two brush deal and low and below a great Sterilised label but the dreaded green ..... 😩

Attachments