Simpson Manchurian Supply Under Threat?

Reevers

Berlin Calling
Some of you might have seen that Simpson’s have posted a cryptic social media message about the supply of their Manchurian grade hair.

Even though I’ve never used Simpson Manchurian, this hair grade has legendary status. Is this the end of a wet shaving icon?

wintoid

Forum GOD!
Chinese export restrictions? Pull the other one. Or do they perhaps mean UK restrictions on importing from China?

MPH

Forum GOD!
If I was trying to sell very expensive badger hair brushes, and was a great business man who excelled in building rarity and exclusivity by producing many 'limited editions' at a high price, I'd probably say something like this too! :D:wink::wink:

Getting rare or not, there's bound to be some that now panic buy!

..........Maybe I'm just getting cynical in my old age???:scratchhead:

If I was trying to sell very expensive badger hair brushes, and was a great business man who excelled in building rarity and exclusivity by producing many 'limited editions' at a high price, I'd probably say something like this too! :D:wink::wink:

My thoughts, exactly! Sadly I guess I too am a cynic .

D

Deleted member 2076

Just so you know: On Instagram, Mark said the following "We have representatives currently in China discussing the situation. It is not only issues with Manchurian, all material is affected."

TobyC

Legendary Member

That's not cynicism, that's accumulated wisdom, age really is good for something!

Reevers

Berlin Calling

I’ve never tried the Manchurian hair and for a brief moment I found myself on the Simpson’s Website pricing up a Manchurian brush. I didn’t buy one but I wonder if Simpson’s have seen a spike in their sales since they posted the update???

TobyC

Legendary Member
I’ve never tried the Manchurian hair and for a brief moment I found myself on the Simpson’s Website pricing up a Manchurian brush. I didn’t buy one but I wonder if Simpson’s have seen a spike in their sales since they posted the update???
Probably, but they won't sell one to me.